+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vet Fees

I'm Geoff.

Default Vet Fees

This week, I have been charged £920 by my vet for an x-ray. The explanation I was offered was that Blue was a larger dog and that she needed hospitalisation. Now, both of those explanations don't ring true - she weighs 30kg so less than a Labrador, for example, and the hospitalisation meant just staying in the vet from morning until evening, as is normal for an x-ray. This led to me looking into the issue and finding that in the last five years, many practices have increased their fees by upto 5x. As a consequence, I started a petition for a regulatory body in the industry. If you also think this is an issue, I would be grateful if you would sign and share my petition:

http://chng.it/wk6gfTJxjL
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Grant.

greedy bassas.. signed..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Signed
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Alan.

Yep, it is absolute greed..They know fine well, that you will do almost anything for your beloved pet and best friend. One of my daughters paid £860 for an operation on one of her cats, which she was told, had to stay at the vet for 2 days, after the op...for observation...when She rang to go and collect him, they said he had to stay in an extra night and slapped another £140 on her bill....

This is Ben., coming home from the vet..The daughter says his brother Jerry., had missed him...
    Petition signed..these obscene charges have to be slashed, by at least 50%.
    Last edited by mad-moon; 15-05-2021 at 10:08.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Cheaper to buy a new pet.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm guy.

signed - they have animal owners by the balls
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    signed - they have animal owners by the balls
    Thanks a lot. The more that sign and share it, the more chance we have.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Signed too. It seems like a good idea, and lots of older folk have only their pet/s as company, and generally not much cash.

I'm mark.

Everything in money orientated, last time I was at the vets an obviously well kept Shepard was brought in with broken back leg, the conversation was all about can the bill be paid, rather than the welfare of the dog. The dog wasn't looked at and I've wondered ever since what became of it...

In ordinary times the rescue centers are full of ill and broken dogs as owners just can't afford the vet bills.

I'm Patrick.

It's become like the US healthcare system where it is run for the benefit of the Insurance Companies and the Practitioners rather than the animals.

The Practices are all staffed with young vets who are taught to up-sell all the time. The first question is often 'Are you Insured?' because if you are there are all kinds of pointless or speculative treatments they can offer. As treatment costs go up, so do premiums and vet's profits. They then use fear to sell insurance to pet owners.

As someone with 2 horses, 3 dogs (although one has been missing for over a year now) and 6 cats we are our own insurers. When they ask me 'Are you Insured?' I just say 'No, we are doing it for love'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast