+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vet Fees

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I don't know whether you have checked, but over eighty dogs have been recovered from a travellers site in Ipswich and lots haven't been claimed yet - it is thought that they could be from all over the country and no one is sure how long they have been stolen

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/19/galle...ners-14435532/
    Thanks. Yes we keep tabs on all the Border Terriers that are found and there is a lot of 'chat' on facebook. She is microchipped, so hopefully that will help at some point.

I'm Grant.

have had two borders. both great dogs..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Letter to MP:

In your constituency, and across the nation, independent vet practices are being bought out by national chains and by venture capitalists. Though the name above the door may remain, this is having a dramatic effect on vet fees and pet insurance costs, with many families deciding that they cannot afford to have their pet treated, or plunging themselves into debt to do the right thing. As a nation of animal lovers, it cannot be right that there is no regulatory body supervising the industry with a code of practice regarding fees and charges.

A short time ago, I began a petition, the link to which is below:

http://chng.it/BqrQFx7L

On a personal note, I recently was charged more than £900 for an X-ray and anti-inflammatory medication for my dog by MediVet, in Aigburth, a charge that the vet apologised for, informing me that her company set the fee but that the same treatment, in Spain, would have been approximately £100. MediVet has taken over several independent practices in the South Liverpool area but maintains the existing signage for the formerly independent businesses. Similarly, the cost of my pet insurance has risen by 600% in the last four years as an inevitable cost of the soaring vet fees, though there are also allegations of collusion between vet practice and insurers emerging. A number of people have since approached me with specific examples in their area.

Since starting the petition, the issue has been raised in the national press:

Calls for inquiry as equity vultures snap up vets amid rising bills and welfare fears | Daily Mail Online

Vets charge three times as much as online chemists for pet remedies | News | The Sunday Times (thetimes.co.uk)

I would be very grateful if you could raise this as an urgent matter where the nation appears to be falling victim to unregulated big business and I am happy to discuss the issue further or provide additional support.

Best regards,
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Grant.

signed
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

I might be a bit late to the party Geoff, but I signed it anyway.

My Border has just been in for a growth/lump removal operation in his groin.

So he had to be put asleep for the operation, the growth was removed and sent to the lab for analysis (came back clear of cancer luckily) Rio was put on Metacam and antibiotics for two week
    plus a follow up consultation two weeks after the operation, total cost just under £600

So I guess not all Vets are robbing buggers.

Andy
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    I might be a bit late to the party Geoff, but I signed it anyway.

My Border has just been in for a growth/lump removal operation in his groin.

So he had to be put asleep for the operation, the growth was removed and sent to the lab for analysis (came back clear of cancer luckily) Rio was put on Metacam and antibiotics for two week
    plus a follow up consultation two weeks after the operation, total cost just under £600

So I guess not all Vets are robbing buggers.

Andy

Indeed, which is why there needs to be some regulation. In my area, pretty much all of the independent practices have been swallowed up, creating a localised monopoly. The fees in each practice are matched and vastly inflated on what they were.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm guy.

Puppy stung on lip by a bee, my word it swelled up. Now I have been stung for £230 for out of hours consultation and antihistamine injection

At least we will get some back from insurance and can relax.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123