Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Nothing wrong with a 306, Jo. It's a superb little amp - the epitome of 'neutral': seems to add nothing nor take anything away, but not in a boring or soulless way. It just sounds 'right', and at a bargain price! I love mine

Ok, it doesn't have the 'open and airy intimacy', timbral resolution, seductive tonality/timing accuracy, or draws you into the music quite so addictively as the Copper amp, but you only get that (or something approaching it) with amps that truly come into the 'special' category, and usually glowing bottles are involved..

But for the money, the 306 is a really capable little thing and has no annoying or overt character/sonic signature. It just seems to reproduce the signal it's given very faithfully. Only thing, as you've found, is when you use it with the Croft, you've only got a few clicks on the volume control before you're blowing the house down, especially with 95db 15" MGs!

So did you land that Tisbury I recommended, or what other passive device did you settle on for using with the 306?

Marco.
Hi Marco.

Totally agree. It's a great little amp.

Yes, I've had the tisbury for a while now. Great little thing. Wouldn't mind trying other passive amps with it too.

Might give it a go with the copper too! Need to get the copper serviced though.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk