+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifestyle change and weight gain

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Failing that, it could be an excessive build-up of man's milk or fart gas, so you know the respective cures!

Seriously though, mate, I hope you get things sorted out to your satisfaction. Some good advice has been given. One thing I'd add, if it hasn't already been suggested, is to stop eating altogether after 8pm - or try and have your evening meal as early as possible, allowing sufficient time for at least some (as many as possible) of the calories to be burned off, then consume nothing else but fluids (water, nothing sugary) before bed.

One of the things that piles on the pounds most is late-night takeaways, washed down with beer! Also, try and always eat something decent for breakfast (don't skip it), as it staves off the temptation to snack until lunchtime, or gorge on too much food for lunch because you've eaten nothing since you got up. Little and often is better than nothing, then a huge big meal

Marco.
    if that was case i'd be dead years ago
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Haha, nah, I thought your morning chugs were why your coffees were always so creamy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Haha, nah, I thought your morning chugs were why your coffees were always so creamy!

Marco.
    Na, I need lactose free and mine is full cream
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I could go somewhere naughty with that, but I'll be good!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Failing that, it could be an excessive build-up of man's milk or fart gas, so you know the respective cures!

Seriously though, mate, I hope you get things sorted out soon to your satisfaction. Some good advice has been given. One thing I'd add, if it hasn't already been suggested, is to stop eating altogether after 8pm - or try and have your evening meal as early as possible, allowing sufficient time for at least some (as many as possible) of the calories to be burned off, then consume nothing else but fluids (water, nothing sugary) before bed.

One of the things that piles on the pounds most is late-night takeaways, washed down with beer!

Also, try and always eat something decent for breakfast (don't skip it), as it staves off the temptation to snack until lunchtime, or gorge on too much food for lunch because you've eaten nothing since you got up. Little and often is better than nothing, and then a huge big meal

In that respect, the old saying (although difficult to achieve with modern life) of 'Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper' holds true.

Marco.
    All sound advice imo, and worth trying
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm guy.

I wonder whether your body has gone in to crisis/survival mode and is storing as much fat as possible for the ongoing famine conditions?

Seriously I am not taking the Mickey (although everything I say is on the basis of my having no medical background)
    But, your body was chugging along quite happily for years with a particular diet and exercise regime, it then finds itself eating very different food types and being expected to do lots of exercise I wouldn't be surprised if it started to store lots of fat (resulting in your feeling more fatigued).

However, I would strongly suggest that you see a doctor just to be on the safe side.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I wonder whether your body has gone in to crisis/survival mode and is storing as much fat as possible for the ongoing famine conditions?

Seriously I am not taking the Mickey (although everything I say is on the basis of my having no medical background)
    But, your body was chugging along quite happily for years with a particular diet and exercise regime, it then finds itself eating very different food types and being expected to do lots of exercise I wouldn't be surprised if it started to store lots of fat (resulting in your feeling more fatigued).

However, I would strongly suggest that you see a doctor just to be on the safe side.
    Absolutely, "starvation mode" is a real thing. The body anticipates impending famine, and slows metabolism to conserve body fat/muscle. It's why people who go on a mad reducing diet make big weight losses initially, then hit a wall.

My thoughts also come from a position of zero medical qualifications, although I do have a diploma in Sports therapy, which covered this kind of stuff. Fat lot of use it's been...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Absolutely, "starvation mode" is a real thing. The body anticipates impending famine, and slows metabolism to conserve body fat/muscle.
    Hmm. I must spend a lot of time in "starvation mode" as I generally carry a few pounds more than I need.

(easy to reduce though, I just eat less)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

I've asked my mate about this kind of thing a while ago (he studied sports science and nutrition). He gave me a few useful pointers which I have found helped. Might not work for everyone but might be worth a try.

(They actually echo a lot of the good suggestions here already so good advice chaps).

The body storing fat "starvation mode" thing is real and could well be brought on by the body only receiving a dose of actual 'fuel' minimal times (or in this case once) a day. Multivitamins are all well and good but absolutely no substitute for protein and vegetables/carbs. The side affects of this can be things like: feeling severely lethargic all day, headaches, cramps, muscle pain among others.

It could also be that the body has come to rely on a certain amount of 'bad' food, eg: processed fats (but there is protein in there too among the bad crap) so now you are receiving significantly less than the amount your body is expecting to see. Swift changes (even for what is proven to be 'better' food) can have adverse effects.

For more energy throughout the day eating a little and often is so much better for you than just having that one meal a day. Even if it's just a handful of nuts, some fruit and some water two or three times a day, the benefits will shine through.

Water, drink as much as you can as often as you can, especially if embarking on a new exercise regime. I know everyone knows this but people still forget that water helps EVERYTHING in the body. It helps with digestion, blood/oxygen flow and also naturally lubricates, it is simply 'of life'. Not flavored or with added anything, just plain water, probably a good 300ml glass every waking hour of the day, at least until you get on top of this.

Also if you crave something which society/TV/Dr's tell you is bad for you it might be your body requiring it, at least in the short term. If you're doing enough exercise it doesn't really matter if you eat some crap (within reason), a craving can be a sign of the body being deficient in something. I assume you're not going for Mr Universe (which is the only reason to cut out certain things completely to look 'cut/chiseled' etc) so don't listen to what the majority of diet advice seems to be which is things like 'don't eat chocolate/cakes/sugar' etc. Obviously don't consist your diet of this (or if you have other underlying health problems - diabetes for example) but I reiterate IF EXERCISING regularly it's actually going to give your energy levels a boost rather than pile on weight.

Have you ever seen what the Brownlee brothers eat before a 20k run through the Yorkshire dales? It's literally 10 cream cakes, pancakes, eggs, bacon and coffee. Instant energy in other words. Might be worth cramming in a chocolate or protein bar half hour before doing exercise. That way the body isn't digging into protein/muscle reserves afterwards which may be making you feel this bad.

I'm no guru/fitness fanatic but I do keep to most of the above but also enjoy quite a few take-aways and certainly over-indulge quite regularly (including in the alcohol department), in fact I feel motivated to exercise and eat well just to offset some of my bad habits as a life completely without 'vice' (indulgence, I'm not talking criminal activity here) can be a pretty boring existence.

Fair play for making changes and persevering with the exercise, once you get through a few weeks of pain EVERYTHING becomes easier as long as you fuel/rest your body accordingly.

If this continues however, as others have suggested do seek medical advice as it's not quite right to be looking after yourself and after some time, still feeling as you do.

Anyway best of luck and if one method doesn't work try another, not everything works for everyone and you have to find your 'groove' for exercising and eating. Once you get there though, everything becomes a lot more enjoyable.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm guy.

^^^^
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12