+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Zurich

I'm Miles.

Default Hello from Zurich

Hello All, I’ve been lurking for a while here so happy to finally post something. I’m from UK but for now based in Zurich, I’ve been into music and Hi-Fi since my early teens in the 1980/90s. My musical tastes couldn’t be more varied, my collection includes pretty much everything but is mainly jazz, electronic, world as FLAC, CD and Vinyl (latter two not in use much).

I’m pretty enamoured with the BBC design speakers, to me they seem to give me everything I want musically. These are my current systems in use:

Tv Room
    Components: Rega elicit r, Rega Saturn r, Auralic mini with Auralic linear power supply
    Speakers: Graham Audio LS 5/9 on DIY speaker stands
    Interconnects: Chord Clearway RCA, Cardas USB
    Speaker Cables: Audioquest FLX/SLIP 14/4
    Power Cables: Isotek EVO3 Initium / iego plugs with Belden cable (red one) / Oyaide plugs (gold plated and probably fake) with Belden Cable (Black)
    Power Block: Isotek EVO3 Polaris

Living Room
    Components: Croft 25R, Croft 7, MDHT Labs Orchid, Auralic mini with iFi iPower Supply, Audiolab MCDT
    Speakers: Harbeth P3ESR placed on a nice bookshelf (sacrilege, I know)
    Interconnects: Chord Clearway RCA, Wireworld USB, Wireworld Coaxial
    Speaker Cables: Audioquest FLX/SLIP 14/4
    Power Cables: Isotek EVO3 Premier / Rowen Powercord
    Power Block: ISOL 8 Powerline (No conditioning)

Both systems streaming FLAC from Synology NAS via WiFi

Office (Connected to computer with Spotify + Streaming):
    Abacus A-Box AMT Powered Speakers
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Interface
    Supra USB
    Vovox XLR Cables
    Belden Power Cables

Not in Use / Gathering dust:
    2x Technics 1210 / Ortofon
    Audiolab M-NET
    Audiolab M-DAC (gen 1)

I’m looking forward to chatting in the forums!

I'm Rob.

Welcome Miles....you're... err....Miles away

Oddly enough our first house in the 70s was called Turicum which I understand was a Gallo-Roman settlement at the lower end of Lake Zurich. We liked it enough to stay there for 25 years!

By the amount of kit you have you will fit in well here.

Rob.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Miles,

Don't worry about treating any piece of hi-fi gear as 'sacrilege' - whatever works for you is fine. Commendable taste in music you have there.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Miles,

Welcome to AoS!

Sounds like a great system, so would be nice to see some pics in your Gallery section. Enjoy the forum

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Hello Miles. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site, every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered and music too, so just join in and have fun.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Miles.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I will try and get some pics up in the gallery once I work out how to. I will look up Turicim! Cheers, Miles

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No worries. If you're struggling to post pics, either PM me or one of the mods and we'll be more than willing to help

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

Hi Miles,
    Welcome. I used to live in Basel for a long time and visited the Zurich Hi Fi show every year. It is a great little show and the lunch was excellent in the restaurant across the road.

+ Reply to Thread