+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Genexxa Pro LX5 Speakers with Linaeum Tweeters

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Genexxa Pro LX5 Speakers with Linaeum Tweeters

Nice speakers these, I've had them for years but they needed refoaming which I've never had time for until now. I used the kit from a well respected Dutch company and think I've done a decent job as you can see. I've also added a little bit of wadding while I was in there as recommended on various forums. I think they could do with a bit of running in now to sound their best but they are sounding good already I have to say

They make an excellent budget desktop/nearfield speaker with a T amp or similar. Perfect for working from home!

They are quite famous, there's plenty online about them and Ken Kessler liked them at the time.

https://www.kenkessler.com/hi-fi/opt...5-loudspeaker/

One little quirk, I've just noticed one says Optimus on the grille and the other says Genexxa! They were sold individually rather than in pairs at the time so I guess it was just a vagary of the stock in Tandy at the time. (If you use them without grilles you'll not see it of course I've not seen any desktop speakers with grilles anyway.)

I'm asking just £80 for them collected from N London. I might be able to post at buyer's cost and risk, I'd pack very well and use a reputable courier. I bought them online years ago and they got to me without any issues.

I'm Steve.

Excellent speakers. They used to be sold individually and not as pairs. I once heard them on the end of an affordable valve amp company valve amp and they were stunning.

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks Steve I'm now using them with a little Bluetooth digital amp on my desk and they sound very nice.

I'm Alan.

I'm amazed that these have not sold by now..these are incredible little speakers...and a free re-foam too, which looks the business and ensures they will last years to come...great for TV duty too...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Lawrence.

Cheers Alan. Yes the ones I've seen before were sold £80-100 but when you asked the seller if they've been refoamed they'd always say something like "dunno they look ok though." They might look ok but after a bit of music, or just touching them, they'd start to split and tear.

I just saw this thread about upgrading, if you read the conclusions at the end it seems really worth it. The crossover mod seems a bit overkill though, I'm sure something less ambitious would yield very close results. Just wish I had time.

https://theaudiostandard.net/thread/...5-loudspeakers

I'm Lawrence.

Sold
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 15-05-2021 at 15:58.

+ Reply to Thread