+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale: Frugelhorn Lite Speakers.

I'm steve.

Default For Sale: Frugelhorn Lite Speakers.

Here for sale are my pair of Frugelhorn Lite full range driver speakers. These were bought in kit form from KJF Audio last year basically to give me something to occupy my mind at the start of the first lockdown last year. For those unfamiliar with the speakers they are made from premium quality Baltic Birch Plywood which is much denser and more rigid than MDF and better suited to build speakers with. The drivers are the well respected Mark Audio Alpair 5.3 full range drivers which are probably one of the best sounding full range drivers available, it’s certainly one of the most tonally even (I’ve included the FR plot below)
    Even though the drivers only have 2” cones (2.5” if you include the inverted roll surround) they are capable of a more than respectable low bass response down to about 40hz aided by the Frugelhorn cabinet design. The amount of bass attainable will depend on how close the speaker is placed to the back wall, even closely backed up to the wall the bass is never excessive. The speakers are very tonally even and the lack of a crossover gives exceptional clarity and superb stereo imagery as they are effectively point sources.
    I have sprayed the speakers with white gloss paint, not being a professional spray painter the finish isn’t to a professional standard but most would find it acceptable. The speaker are fitted with very high quality sockets/binding posts and the internal wiring is 14 gauge Audioquest cable.
    I have additionally fitted outriggers with spikes to the bases of the speakers to give a really stable platform, they were designed for the KEF Q series floor standers but they work beautifully with the FHLs, they have spikes which have top adjustments with an allen key, after adjustment they are locked in place with a screw on cap.
    The only reason I’m selling the FHLs is due to changing my amp to a very low power single ended tube amp with which they sound very good at low volume levels but unfortunately the amp runs out of steam and lacks headroom at more realistic levels. So I’ve changed to some higher efficiency speakers which are more suited to the amps low power.
    With the size, weight and slightly unusual shape I have no boxes to ship them so unfortunately it’s collection only, with Covid restrictions being lifted very shortly we can do it safely without breaking any regs. I would inform prospective buyers I live alone and I’ve had both of my Covid jabs the second one 3 weeks ago so I have attained maximum protection. I can also dem the speakers for the buyer on collection.
    I would also be prepared to deliver within 40 miles of Rotherham South Yorkshire for the cost of my fuel (about £10)
    The total cost of building and finishing these speakers with all accessories is just under £400, I’m looking for offers around £225
    Any questions please send me a PM.
    Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk kit
    Last edited by steve-z; 08-05-2021 at 10:37.

I'm steve.

Price dropped to £225 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm steve.

Bump !!

I'm steve.

Bump !!

I'm steve.

PRICE DROPPED TO £200!!