+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MQA scam exposed

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Before buying the SACD check the DR database. Many rock/pop SACD masterings have far less dynamic range than the CD issue. Although you still might prefer the mastering for SACD despite that I suppose.
    Yeah I check the DRDB even before buying a CD, just to make sure I get the best DR (if I can), but I'll do that for SACD in future too.

However, where is best to buy SACD in the UK?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Martin.

Can't help you with that one. I buy most of my CDs from Music Magpie these days, cheap and they deliver quickly. But I don't look for SACDs so not sure what their selection of those is like.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm malcolm.

Another view on MQA
    https://youtu.be/zwZ5hDzQ5Jg
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Another view on MQA
    https://youtu.be/zwZ5hDzQ5Jg
    could only watch the first 6 minutes, everything he says is wrong. So no different to any of his other videos.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm malcolm.

Like I said, another view.

I'm with you, most of my listening these days is done via records or CDs and spotify for travelling and researching new music.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Dave.

It's all horses for courses. The SQ from my CDs is to my ears very marginally better than streaming (in my case Qobuz), so it's my go-to source for music I already own. However, I don't think I could now go without the sheer spontaneity of streaming: if I'm reminded of a track by, say, reading about it, I can instantly listen to and enjoy it anew. There are also hundreds of pieces of music, particularly classical, that I have enjoyed on the radio that I can now just call up and pick the best recording; the time and monetary cost of researching and then buying the best CDs would be completely prohibitive for me.

I'm Adrian.

Streaming I find is as you say fine for casual listening and finding new, but an play or good CD/DVD is still best for sq imo when your u want it full on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123