+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS - Spendor SP100r2 Speakers in Walnut with Something Solid Stands

I'm Kim.

Default FS - Spendor SP100r2 Speakers in Walnut with Something Solid Stands

For sale are a pair of Spendor SP100r2 Speakers. Speakers are in Walnut finish and will come with a pair of Something Solid stands. These sound fantastic and I've driven them with a Radford STA15 (they have a sensitivity of 89dB), but they do seem to appreciate a bit more power. However, I've reached the conclusion that the 12" driver is just too big for my tiny room.

I bought these speakers used from a dealer in August 2018. They had only had one previous owner and, judging from dates on the boxes were originally sold earlier that year.

The speakers are in excellent condition. The wood veneer looks fantastic, though there are marks on the bottom where that have been on stands and there are 2 small marks on one speaker. The first is on the bottom right of the speaker (looking from the front) and it looks as though the speaker has slipped off a stand at some point causing a little damage to the front corner. The images are enlarged for clarity - the one with 5p is looking from the underside of the speaker and will give you some idea of size - but it's really not noticeable when looking from any distance. I've subsequently put some felt pads on the stands to hopefully prevent anything like this from happening again.

The second mark is a tiny bump to the top right edge - again, shown with a 5p to give you some idea of size.

Otherwise, I can't see any marks on the speakers and the drivers and front covers appear to be in excellent condition. The stands are in very good condition, but appear to be a little older than the speakers and might benefit from some TLC in the future.

These speakers are big (70x37x43cm) and heavy (about 36Kg each). I have the original boxes and packing in great condition, so you could arrange your own shipping, but will likely be expensive and will be at the buyers own risk. I'd also need to find some boxes for the stands. I managed to just fit the speakers and stands in the back of a Vauxhall Insignia hatchback, but an estate or larger is recommended. Happy to arrange to meet to help with delivery, but I'll need to borrow a car, so would need a little notice.

I believe these were £6k new and the new Classic 100 is more expensive still. I'm looking for £3,000 or closest offer. I would consider part exchange, but have something very specific in mind - a pair of Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary speakers I hope will suit my room better.
    Last edited by yolakim; 04-05-2021 at 00:26.
    Garrard 401 / EAR / AURALiC / DAC? / Spendor
    Border Patrol / Naim / Harbeth

I'm vernon.

Default SPENDOR sp100r2

FEDEX AIR SHIP to USA ?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by kineticaudio View Post
    FEDEX AIR SHIP to USA ?
    Deja vu!!

I'm Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by kineticaudio View Post
    FEDEX AIR SHIP to USA ?
    Sending you a PM

I'm Kim.

Still available

I'm Kim.

Still available - will be on eBay this weekend

I'm Kim.

Reduced to £2,750

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

These are AWESOME speakers, folks, with a very BIG, clear/detailed and punchy sound, and prodigious bass!

I had the previous incarnation, SP100 in my system [see pics below), before I moved to Tannoys, and they were among the best large stand-mount speakers I've heard. and fab with all kinds of music, but particularly large-scale classical and female/male vocalists, as the midrange is textbook 'studio monitor'.

The finish of the cabinets needs special mention, which is simply world-class and like veritable pieces of high-class furniture, fit to grace any room..

Unlike Harbeths though, they actually sound best on high-mass stands, not light open-frame varieties, such as the Something Solids, favoured by Harbeths!

Anyway, Kim, good luck with the sale - the new owner's in for a treat!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kim.

Thank you Marco - I couldn't agree more (though I've never tried these on heavier stands).

Were it not for my small room, I would be keeping these for sure!

I'm Kim.

I have these advertised in a couple of places now, but keeping an eye on HiFi Shark I've noticed that someone has cloned the listing and has a scam ad on a German site Quoka.de.

They've even used the images and description with the UK 5 pence piece!!

Hopefully, this means their scam is not going to get very far, but I have e-mailed the site webmaster to ask them to remove the ad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast