+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Apple experts

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Easily. And actually it'll do video editing and gaming with ease anyway.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    An excellent Mac that will do you for years. RAM can be upgraded via a little door on the rear up to 128GB. The 5300 GPU is 4GB so ample for most uses.
    Now ordered and arriving tomorrow, thanks for the advice much appreciated
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Dave.

Pity I didn't see this earlier. Patrick - the Garageband Guide has done reviews of all of the M1 models now - starting with the Mac Mini - which seems like a brilliant buy - but not in the very basic configuration - should have at least the 512 Gbyte version.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BU35UO9FdM

Pete Johns has also done some reviews - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhjKmEBT86Y

The M1 processor appears to beat the heck out of any of the other chips which have been used in Apple kit. In fairness, we bought a 27 inch iMac last year, with an i5 processor. For most purposes it is brilliant - having the large screen is great.
    I might still go for a Mac Mini later - and couple it with a large screen.

Really depends what one wants a computer for - to decide which model to get.

Did Robin go for the 27 inch JL offer?
    Dave

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Pity I didn't see this earlier. Patrick - the Garageband Guide has done reviews of all of the M1 models now - starting with the Mac Mini - which seems like a brilliant buy - but not in the very basic configuration - should have at least the 512 Gbyte version.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BU35UO9FdM

Pete Johns has also done some reviews - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhjKmEBT86Y

The M1 processor appears to beat the heck out of any of the other chips which have been used in Apple kit. In fairness, we bought a 27 inch iMac last year, with an i5 processor. For most purposes it is brilliant - having the large screen is great.
    I might still go for a Mac Mini later - and couple it with a large screen.

Really depends what one wants a computer for - to decide which model to get.

Did Robin go for the 27 inch JL offer?
    Yes Dave, i went for the 27 inch JL offer
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Now ordered and arriving tomorrow, thanks for the advice much appreciated
    looks like a good machine robin.. good youve got it sorted. i make do with fast secondhand laptops.. fit my budget
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    looks like a good machine robin.. good youve got it sorted. i make do with fast secondhand laptops.. fit my budget
    Thanks Grant, I have some spare cash just now, needed a new machine and 18 month interest free always helps
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Thanks Grant, I have some spare cash just now, needed a new machine and 18 month interest free always helps
    good.. sure it'll do well.. ive always used windows so its all i know really although have an ipad

hows the audi going? was considering a q3
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    good.. sure it'll do well.. ive always used windows so its all i know really although have an ipad

hows the audi going? was considering a q3
    i always used windows at work but for personal use have preferred Apple.

Very happy with my Q5, but its an Audi so everything is an add on, the Q3 is a great car which I might have gone for but I’m big guy these days and the Q5 ticks all the boxes, but it is a premium brand, so depending on want you are looking can be expensive.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Yes Dave, i went for the 27 inch JL offer
    Good move Robin. Now buy two of these and pop them in the RAM slots round the back (remove the power lead and press the little button above the socket with a screwdriver to release the door), and hey presto, you immediately have 40GB of RAM - more than enough for almost everything.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0846JXS...QSVQ8D9RD9XE4V

I'm Grant.

i always used windows at work but for personal use have preferred Apple.

Very happy with my Q5, but its an Audi so everything is an add on, the Q3 is a great car which I might have gone for but I’m big guy these days and the Q5 ticks all the boxes, but it is a premium brand, so depending on want you are looking can be expensive.
    yeah i see audi and bmw etc are into this add-on for a price... its all fitted in factory but needs to be enabled... been looking at an electric peugeot too.. im going up to see one soon actually.. need to see if i can get in it

looking like im not getting my jab as no matter who i contact nothing happens so i might as well just let it happen if thats how its to be.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast