+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fuses ( I’ve never tried them for sq improvement)

I'm Grant.

if doing so then using genuine house and electronic standard fuses would be the way to see if any of the main makers sound dfferent. they are bound to be safe and cheap.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Fuses are safety devices and must meet correct safety standards. Should for instance the use of a non-compliant fuse result in a fire that burns down a block of flats, you may find your home insurers refuse to cover it. Still, you might pay off the cost in a few lifetimes, assuming you've survived the blaze!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Fuses are safety devices and should meet correct safety standards. Should for instance the use of a non-compliant fuse result in a fire that burns down a block of flats, you may find your home insurers refuse to cover it. Still, you might pay off the cost in a few lifetimes, assuming you've survived the blaze!
    exactly, hence if trying this, you should use genuine house and electronic standard fuses.. i would avoid any that make claims.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ideally the fuse should marked (and comply with) BS 1362, otherwise in the event of a claim your house and contents insurance provider may well quibble. That said, some Chinese-made versions sold cheaply in supermarkets etc. may be so marked, but do not conform to BS 1362.

Always buy plug-top fuses from a reputable (ideally UK) manufacturer, such as MK, MEM, Crabtree, Marbo etc., though again most, if not all, companies have been bought out and taken over, so their products may not now be as good as that made by the original company. Caveat emptor!

http://www.intersafe.co.uk/news/bewa...us-fake-fuses/

https://www.pat-testing-training.net...fake-fuses.php
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Before farting around with fuses I’d pay attention to any mains block by siting it off the floor on an isolation shelf of your choice.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

Quote Originally Posted by doodoos View Post
    Before farting around with fuses I’d pay attention to any mains block by siting it off the floor on an isolation shelf of your choice.
    What part, or parts, of a mains block is/are microphonic, to suggest that a mains block would benefit from being sited off the floor?
    Barry

I'm Adam.

Default Fuses ( I’ve never tried them for sq improvement)

Don’t lift it too high, though, otherwise you’ll make it more susceptible to RF interference which will cause your inky blacks to go a bit grey.
    Last edited by Beobloke; 24-10-2021 at 16:42.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Any decent mains block will be metal clad, and so should have a high immunity to RFI.

Avoid any of those moulded plastic affairs you see in supermarkets.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What part, or parts, of a mains block is/are microphonic, to suggest that a mains block would benefit from being sited off the floor?
    No idea. All I can tell you, using a Musicworks block, is that the sound changes depending on the surface on which it is placed. Quite a lot.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Dennis.

I like these realms in which scepticism hovers; really good predicament for investigation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast