+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Serious question. Hearing

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Back in the 1980s when 5 band equalisers were quite common on midi-systems you'd more often than not see them set to 'smiley face.'
    That's how I liked them. But none were at or below zero, after all you want more of everything if you can get it

I'm Martin.

lol yeah they could have just left off the negative settings and saved a few quid.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    If you dont fancy a regular hearing aid you could look at a bone conductive one,they can fit on your glasses I tried a cheap Chinese one and found it incredibly natural, I lost it when we decorated
    Mrs. P would have spotted the lump under the wallpaper straight away. She not only has hearing like a bat, she has eyes of a hawk
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm winston.

I've just listened to an amazing radio program on BBC 4 about sensory perception, I highly recommend listening to it if you can access it.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zlqc
    After listening I searched for Prof David Eagleman online and eventually found his commercial offerings.
    It so happens that the device is proven to work on tinnitus. It's not cheap and doesn't appear to be available in the UK yet but I thought I'd post as it's such an interesting area of research.
    https://neosensory.com/tinnitus-solution/

I'm Dennis.

The programme, which did not impress me, was on R4; I listened thrice.

I was not impressed by the contributors, and know that Jim Alalili has on BBC4 on a programme on gravity, stated serious errors.

There has been an increasing tendency for a certain subsect of academia to not only use media as a showcase for themselves, but also for there to be much mutual ingratiating during programmes.

There is a professor of mathematics who keeps saying 'like', mid sentence, and in a way which is not consistent with correct grammatical usage.

There are a few examples of very good academics, and one is Dr Sam Willis; very articulate, correct intonations and sensibilities, and humble.

I think, in common with our society, academia has become dumbed down, but of course it is possible to attempt to discredit my opinions because I do not have a degree.

I'm Ian.

Yesterday i had a remote video consultation with an audiologist at the hospital, she reset my hearing aids to work with open domes (they allow rather than block normal hearing and then the hearing aids complinent), she also remotely installed a music programme.

I need to have the volume set slightly higher than before but way way lower than without hearing aids and i have to say music is sounding way better than it has for a long time, serious upgrade.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    Yesterday i had a remote video consultation with an audiologist at the hospital, she reset my hearing aids to work with open domes (they allow rather than block normal hearing and then the hearing aids complinent), she also remotely installed a music programme.

I need to have the volume set slightly higher than before but way way lower than without hearing aids and i have to say music is sounding way better than it has for a long time, serious upgrade.
    That’s incredible that they can do that remotely! But even better that it has improved things for you.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

I had a car accident about 3 years ago, all the air bags went off, resulting in hearing loss in my right ear, something to do with how I was angled in the seat of the car at impact.
    Tinnitus for a couple of years, and now just a big gap in certain frequencies.
    The last 2 years has been a search for amplification that has the flexibility needed, as some days i need to have the balance and Treble canted more towards the right ear.
    I started off with an Accuphase pre that had separate tone controls for each channel, and a balance control, but I didn't like the over all presentation, the Accuphase sound?
    I tried several combinations of pre and power, and even an integrated, but nothing really worked.
    Then I stumbled across the Pass Labs XP30 pre.
    This has 4 live outputs , 2 x Master , 2 x Slave , and a gain wheel on each of the 2 channel boxes, which operate independently.
    So you can bi amp, using entirely different amps for LF and HF, and change the gain to suit.
    So, I've now got the LFs being driven by a 300W Class D power amp, Master, and the HFs are driven by my Plinius SA100 MK3 , about 150W Class A , slave.
    I can dial in , or out, the HFs with the wheel(s) at the front, and there's a balance control too.
    And I can swap between AB and A bias on the Plinius too , hooligan or Sophisticated !
    Seems to have solved my problem , fingers crossed.

I'm Grant.

good to hear neil.. if you still struggle you could try nuraphone cans. they adjust freq to suit your ears. other possibilities are in digital pc type front end where you can alter freq at every point etc. roon can i think, as can jriver.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345