+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audiolab coming soon

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

This is the kind of crossover product that hopefully should succeed very well I think, updating on the older Quad 99 CD player with digital inputs (and possibly the Cambridge 840C as well).

This looks to be the first truly NEW product range from Audiolab since the original UK company (the previous models looked to be refinements of the TAG stuff in the Audiolab styled cosmetic). It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out

I and I suspect many others, like the tactile thing of manually holding the software and playing each disc individually. I also appreciate that there's a whole new generation (and a good few oldies) to whom this is a chore and they'd rather press a few buttons and have their entire music collection on tap. Until I cannot play discs the old fashined way, I'll stay as I am I think.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm with you DSJR. I like the physical medium of the CD. Keeps the romance in music. The sleeve, notes and flicking through your collection deciding what to listen to.
    I would love a new Audiolab player to replace the one I got a few years ago. Even though I love the sound of it, its the excitement of the new model !
    Graham

I'm Paul.

Again, butchered from PFM, here's what Audiolab are meant to be bringing out:

8200CDQ: CD player, digital decoder and preamp in one box.

8200DQ: DAC/preamp – basically an 8200CDQ without the transport mech

8200A: 2x80W integrated amp

8200P: 2x100W stereo power amp

8200M: 125W mono power amp

8200MB: 250W mononlock

So there will be an independent Dac/Preamp, but might not come in at the original estimation of £399
    Paul.

Only just bought my 8000m's in the past few months as well. Ho-hum.
    Graham

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

The Audiolab website now has details of the following:

8200A (Integrated amp)
    8200CD (CDP/DAC)
    8200CDQ (CDP/DAC/Pre)
    8200MB (Monoblocks)
    8200Q (Preamplifier)

Note, there doesn't appear to be an 8200P as yet, so only option would appear to be 2 x 8200MB's - they are quite different sized to the old 8000Ms though, so look like they would fit the same "footprint" of an 8000P in that they are half-sized.

Hope this is of interest to some.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12