+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Raindrop Hui DAC 4x Wolfson DAC chips

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Raindrop Hui DAC 4x Wolfson DAC chips

Nice DAC this with 4x WM8740 chips. Big toroidal tx and top quality caps as you can see so a very good power supply. Very smooth sound.

Sounds great and I've had it in my system for a long time now, but I've been going through a few upgrades and a spring clearout means I have to move it on.

The USB input is not full 24/192, I'm not sure what it is but it played red book rips perfectly.

Please note the upgraded Burson opamps are not included I'll put the originals back in. The DAC was quite smooth and laid back with the original op amps, but you don't need to spend much on them to liven it up if you'd prefer to (though the "analogue" sound signature was very nice I have to say, it just didn't suit my new speakers).

Looking for £125 collected from N London or postage at buyer's cost and risk.
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 24-04-2021 at 16:36.

I'm Lawrence.

Corrupt photos replaced

I'm Lawrence.

Nice DAC this

I'm Lawrence.

Now £95 collected

I'm Lawrence.

Bump

I'm Lawrence.

Since this isn't selling I've listed a nice cheap R2R DAC if anyone's interested!

I'm Lawrence.

Bump

I'm Lawrence.

Someone asked me what it sounds like, which is a fair question! When I bought it I could have sworn it was NOS so I had to Google online to check (it wasn't).

It's smooth and relaxed sounding, more like a nice glass of Bordeaux at the end of a long day at work, than chucking on some banging tunes while you get ready for a night out. Does that help??

I'm Lawrence.

Sale on hold as I've ordered a couple of sets of opamps to have a play around. It's a bit like rolling valves in a fancy valve dac

I'm Lawrence.

OPA134s installed and sounding very nice. Sale still on hold awaiting second set but likely to be withdrawn as I've struggled to find a natural sounding DAC like this, especially at the price. Walks all over my old Audiolab Mdac for example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast