+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kef reference 107/2 recap

I'm Lawrence.

I used to think that components not in the signal path didn't matter but then I had an idea. To oversimplify, it is that clean signal minus noisy signal equals noisy signal.

So whether the noise is generated by a component in the signal path, or the voltage difference between a clean signal and a noisy signal in a potential divider (ie parallel circuit) does it really matter?

Thoughts?

I'm charles.

I have found that everything matters, even the manner of how the components are mounted. I stopped using cable ties a while back and now use Sikaflex (I prefer the 221) which is mostly found in the boat building industry and also to install vehicle windscreens. The patent Sika owned has now expired so there are a lot of similar products available at lower prices.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    I have found that everything matters, even the manner of how the components are mounted. I stopped using cable ties a while back and now use Sikaflex (I prefer the 221) which is mostly found in the boat building industry and also to install vehicle windscreens. The patent Sika owned has now expired so there are a lot of similar products available at lower prices.
    I use CT1 on a daily basis ( and silka products now and then ) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I used to think that components not in the signal path didn't matter but then I had an idea. To oversimplify, it is that clean signal minus noisy signal equals noisy signal.

So whether the noise is generated by a component in the signal path, or the voltage difference between a clean signal and a noisy signal in a potential divider (ie parallel circuit) does it really matter?

Thoughts?
    It's a common misconception by those who do not understand electrical circuits, that the signal path runs through the centre of the circuit, and that only those components in series matter. As you have already noted, the signal is often relayed through a voltage divider which includes equally important shunt components.

Thus all parts of the circuit are to some extent part of the signal path; including the power supplies.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123