+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Nad M51 Direct Digital Dac

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Nad M51 Direct Digital Dac

Still one of the best DACs you can buy. It has a true lossless digital volume control (unlike the Sabre chips which I've noticed sound worse when you turn then down whatever they claim) making it a true digital pre amp. There are several positive reviews online.

You can even use it to play SACDs via HDMI (converted to high res PCM using a compatible blu ray player), which is what I bought it for.

Unfortunately I bought a blu ray and it doesn't seem to switch to the SACD layer on the disc so I can only play red book! Then my old Vortexbox doesn't seem to be compatible as it's too old.

However, I tried it with a HiFace, and my laptop via USB, and I can say it does sound stunning as you'd expect. But I then bought an integrated amp which I like which makes the pre amp function I bought it for redundant. So it's spent most of its time in the box, hence the sale to raise funds.

This one is in black, boxed and in excellent condition with the remote. The only minor issue is a crack in the back of the remote.

It's on Epay for £595 but I'm asking a very fair £495 on here which I think is a good price.

Strictly collection from N London please. I'll give a socially distanced demo through the window!!

I might consider posting at buyer's cost and risk but I think insurance would be a fair whack.

(And to anyone who came here from Google and wants to offer me this price back on eBay like last time, I won't accept as once you've messaged me on there, eBay will charge me full fees for going off piste. So you'll just have to join this forum, make 5 posts and message me here!)
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 22-04-2021 at 20:46.

I'm Lawrence.

£495 for forum members. One sold for quite a bit more on Pfm recently IIRC.

I'm Lawrence.

Mulling over a £450 offer on eBay in case someone here wants it, I'd rather sell here

Remember you can play your SACDs on this (correct HDMI transport needed) without being limited by the DAC in the player..
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 24-04-2021 at 13:25.

I'm Lawrence.

Sold STP

+ Reply to Thread