+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega replacement counterweights

I'm Colin.

Default Rega replacement counterweights

Looking to put a slightly heavier tonearm counterweight on. Like the idea of the techno weight but not sure that I want the hassle of removing the stub to add one and ultimately I think an underslung weight like the Isokinetic . The expressimo unit looks good but wondered what others have used and your thoughts

Colin

I'm John.

Wizmax on the wam has a, brass stub and counterweight he's looking to move on.
    The stub itself is easy to remove, takes seconds as there's, only around 8mm of thread up inside the back of the arm.
    I had a Technoweight on an RB300 and TBH I couldn't tell the difference between it and the std Tungsten weight. If you need the cw to be a tad heavier then Pritt stick (holds but easily removable) a couple of coins to it.

I'm Colin.

To be honest I started with putting some blue tack on it but the isokinetic is only about 45 pounds so not the most expensive. I think the heavier rega is about 100. I have read recently that the newer rega arms have been harder to remove the stub from and I am not expecting any particular sonic improvements from this so simple works for me

I'm malcolm.

I use a Isokinetik weight and am pleased with it, bonus is I can now close lid on my Rega deck as original cw on RB303 was fouling it due to my using AT cartridge which meant raising arm height.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Colin.

that is part of my issue as well. I think I will give it a go.
    Thanks Malcolm

+ Reply to Thread