+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project - PART II 8-<>

I'm Andrew.

Pt VI - Brick wall time again.....

Hello all Lenco fettlers and lovers of my blog. It's Mr. Brickwall time again, the part in all builds where you just can't move forwards. I'm currently waiting for some parts from Germany to improve our Idler arm, I need to purchase a whole range of graded wet and dry sheets, I'm waiting for the top plate to cure and then prep for it's final coat of clear lacquer, and I'll be doing some homework into new idler arm grommets. I have been using my time wisely. I have now ultrasonically cleaned and polished every nut bolt (yep that anal)! All the plastic parts have been cleaned with a special cleaner to fetch off grime and give them a "like new" finish. The linkages are quite corroded and will need a complete polish with ALL the grades of wet and dry and then a bench polish to get the best out of them, a decent daub of lithium grease and they should be as good as new for another 45+ years. Suffice to say that the new owner of 7000 will be a very happy bunny. I may get a little time later to post some more pictures.

Stay tuned....
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Pt VII - Another one nearly bites the dust....

7000 has been an interesting journey, she was saved from eBay and given lot's of love. Another nuts and bolts restoration. Things have moved forward and 7000 is nearing completion with just the motor to strip and service. Today a reassembled the hand polished linkages. The paint job looks fantastic but took ages to finish. I'm hoping to finish her off so she can be sold and then we move onto another deck. I'll not be looking for a massive amount of money for this one, just enough to make a little profit and cover the costs of the restoration. So, if your interested please send me a PM. Anyway, now some pictures.

7000 has some new clothes on, a nice black little number and some linkages fitted.

Here's a picture of some of the linkages all stripped and polished.

Just a few bits to re-assemble!

More next time. Stay tuned...
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

That looks like you are reconditioning the parts to as new Andy. Very nice work!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Yep that's what I'm doing. I want to do to Lenco what Audiograil does to Garrard.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    Yep that's what I'm doing. I want to do to Lenco what Audiograil does to Garrard.
    That a very good benchmark to aim for.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

It's been a little while. This project is still on going. I've been busy rebuilding other Lenco owners bearing and decks.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12