+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project - PART II 8-<>

I'm Andrew.

Default LENCO - GL75 Project - PART II 8-<>

Pt V - More progress.

Progress on 7000 is going well. I have been spending a little time preparing the top plate. I've now got to wait 24 hours for the primer to harden before I can spray. So here is how the top plate looks at the moment. It's been slightly modified and can no longer accept a standard Lenco tonearm.

I decided to start work on the Idler arm today. The idler wheel is knacker, the rubber has split and there is no way to refurbish this. I will be replacing with a new idler wheel. I did manage to polish the idler arm. The rubber grommet is in good condition and has been refurbished. I will also be replacing the fibre washers on the idler arm with Teflon and a collar kit to stop the idler wheel from wobbling.

Here's the knackered idler wheel

Idler wheel mount before polish and cleaning.

And then after a clean.

A tale of two idler arms. Top idler arm is polished and refurbished. The bottom idler arm is installed on a PTP 6 awaiting refurbishment and upgrades.

And here is everything that's been done as well. I have also polished the speed selector linkages.

That's it for tonight! Stay tuned.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

It all looks brand new Andrew. I used that little idler collar kit, it really works. Look forward to seeing the completed top plate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

That's the idea Brian, everything as new or as good as we can get it.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Probably as good as it was when it came out the factory if your OCD for perfection is anything to go by
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Your far too kind!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm James.

That idler wheel is really knackered!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Yep. Lots of chances to experiment!!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

The Audiosilente idler wheel is very quiet. It also comes with two tyres of differing composition, rubber (black) and silicon (red). IIRC of the two I preferred the black rubber tyre. Also comes with spare black and red tyres. Not cheap but very good IMO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-IDLER...35751?hash=ite
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Mike.

fine work Andrew well done.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    The Audiosilente idler wheel is very quiet. It also comes with two tyres of differing composition, rubber (black) and silicon (red). IIRC of the two I preferred the black rubber tyre. Also comes with spare black and red tyres. Not cheap but very good IMO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-IDLER...35751?hash=ite
    YEs I can't wait to experiment with the Audio Silente Idler, I'll probably trial this on my own Lenco.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    fine work Andrew well done.
    Thanks Mike.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast