+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker Cable Recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm John.

Default Speaker Cable Recommendations

Can anyone recommend me some speaker cables?

I am using a Sugden IA4 with Harbeth P3ES. Currently using Mogami 2972 but fancy trying an upgrade.

I believe Siltech are excellent with Sugden amps but the higher end stuff is too pricey when bought new and not a lot of it comes up second hand in this country.

So I am after something that will pair well with the Sugden. Play a lot of jazz, blues soul these days and I don't want anything too bassy, but I do like some brightness and lots of detail.

Looking at about £500 budget new or used, but will go higher if need be.

Any suggestions?

I'm David.

I have a warm sounding system with Croft valve amps, and find Missing Link cables give a hint of brightness to balance things out.
    Goes without saying I have no connection to the business, just like the products.

Not checked prices for some time, mind.
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Kevin.

The length you need may help people recommend a cable for your budget.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Ooh, studio grade. Which one, I wonder. Brittania Row, Trident ??
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    thats what i use
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    thats what i use
    So do I, amongst other cable types. They are only a metre long, because my monoblock power amplifiers are located directly behind each speaker.

I'm quite agnostic and non-partisan on these matters, but don't think it is a good idea to use cables as 'tone controls'. Decent cables should pass all signal in the audio range equally. So as long as you usedecent quality cable having a loop resistance of no more than 0.1 Ohm, and having a loop inductance of no more than 3uH, you ought to have no problem.
    Last edited by Barry; 19-04-2021 at 12:53. Reason: Addition
    Barry

I'm John.

Sorry, should have said. The length I need is three meters.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Sorry, should have said. The length I need is three meters.
    I will. E keeping an eye on this thread, as I am also looking for a better cable, but I am not assigning the same budget.
    One I would like to try based on reviews from users is Bigman80’s speaker cable.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm ahto.

this is going to be offbeat, but I'm running Croft amplification into Harbeth SHL5s (& MarkAudio Sota Cesti Bs) via Anti-Cable & am hooked. heft, space, dynamics, midband clarity.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast