+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is a deep clean possible without an ultrasonic

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Thats interesting Adrian . I rarely play my LP,s because even though I have cleaned them on my Nasty Knosti ,some are quite crackly !
    I used a 10-20 % isoprop ,and 80 distilled water and some wetting agent.
    I have not tried Enzyme cleaner but I do have some and may be tempted to give it a try ! Cheers
    FWIW When I had a pair of Knostys i used MoFi's enzyme cleaner but couldn't get any better results over the Knosti fluid. Brought a RCM and the improvements were fundamentally better. Worth saving the pennies for unless you go ultrasonic - iMHO around 200 records would justify it.

I'm Anto.

Cheers Rich , I have around 150 ,never counted them lol.
    I can agree with the CD comments , crisp and error free ,espec when I have a hip joint that needs replacing ,so buggering around the record shelves and loading reloading LP,s isnt my bag at the minute
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbiker800 View Post
    Which steamer do you use Paul ?
    Hello Richard I use a Hoover steam express, very handy and very easy to use, there are a number of youtube videos but none do it the way that i do, as I hold the vinyl over a sink with a pair of glass suction holders big eneough to cover the label, then pad pro then straight onto my new rcm.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Cheers Rich , I have around 150 ,never counted them lol.
    I can agree with the CD comments , crisp and error free ,espec when I have a hip joint that needs replacing ,so buggering around the record shelves and loading reloading LP,s isnt my bag at the minute
    Hi Anto - I have around 250 so personally found it easier to justify a RCM given the bulk are from my old collection plus discogs and charity buys; not many new TBH. But yes I do get peeved with inner and outer sleeves and faff and swapping sides etc. One day I'll stream everything and I won't need to get up !

regards, Richard

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    Hello Richard I use a Hoover steam express, very handy and very easy to use, there are a number of youtube videos but none do it the way that i do, as I hold the vinyl over a sink with a pair of glass suction holders big eneough to cover the label, then pad pro then straight onto my new rcm.
    Thanks Paul; i'll check it out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123