+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Must not compare girlfriend to hifi

I'm David.

Default Must not compare girlfriend to hifi

So, I love my CD player but there's one thing about it that absolutely drives me mad.
    It's not a major issue but it gets me every time.

When I open the drawer the display says ADD DISC. Really ? Great idea, thanks for the input.

Anyone else's kit have an infuriating/patronising trait ?
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm BigBobJoylove.

The only thing that I can think of is in my second system. When the Arcam amplifier is switched on, the display reads 'Arcam Integrated Amplifier' whilst it runs through its checks.

Why? I know what it is. It has a huge volume control with the word 'Volume' written next to it, so it's obvious it's an amplifier of some description.

However, it is possible to personalise the message so I may have to do some 'twiddling'.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm David.

However, it is possible to personalise the message so I may have to do some 'twiddling'. [/QUOTE]

Ha. You've reminded me. I used to have an Arcam and you're right. You could scroll through the alphabet letter by letter and rename inputs etc.
    Took flippin' forever.

LEAVE ME ALONE !!! was the message I set for the housemate to find. Amongst others........
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    The only thing that I can think of is in my second system. When the Arcam amplifier is switched on, the display reads 'Arcam Integrated Amplifier' whilst it runs through its checks.

Why? I know what it is. It has a huge volume control with the word 'Volume' written next to it, so it's obvious it's an amplifier of some description.

However, it is possible to personalise the message so I may have to do some 'twiddling'.
    lol - I have an XTZ amp that does the same thing. Just in case you think you've switched on the immersion heater or something instead.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Batman got round the problem by having printed signs attached to all his kit. Probably a better system actually since he didn't need to switch things on to see what they were.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    lol - I have an XTZ amp that does the same thing. Just in case you think you've switched on the immersion heater or something instead.
    Well there you are then, the message is a good job.

You wouldn’t want to leave the immersion heater on by accident.

I'm John.

I can rename the inputs on my preamp but I honestly can’t be bothered

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Well there you are then, the message is a good job.

You wouldn’t want to leave the immersion heater on by accident.
    True, but I do that anyway. Far too often.

I don't like equipment that starts up with 'Welcome' either. Just go straight to the function, I want to play a DVD not have a bonding session.

It's a bit weird, machines trying to communicate. Sort of like HAL in 2001. Today it's 'Welcome', the next thing you know it's refusing to open the pod bay doors.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Today it's 'Welcome', the next thing you know it's refusing to open the pod bay doors.
    You Sir, are hilarious......

I'm Adam.

My Blu-ray player says ‘Hello’ on its display when you switch it on, and ‘Goodbye’ when you switch it off.

Annoys the tits off me.

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast