+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from the Smoke

I'm Pete.

Default Hello from the Smoke

Hi everyone. I am Old Cockerney because ...I am old and have a London accent.

I am currently enjoying my 56th year in this hobby starting in the mid-1960s with a little Garrard turntable chassis balanced on a cardboard box , a second hand tiny unbranded tube amp from Laskys ( a fiver I think) and a pair of self built ( in the school woodwork room) little speakers with 7" Elac drivers ( crossover, tweeter, what's that?). These days it's a dCS Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler/wordclock and dCS Rossini Transport, heavily modified Michell Orbe including Pete's pylons ( two arms - SME V and Audiomods series 5, Ortofon 2M Mono SE, Windfeld Ti), Icon PS3, EAR Yoshino 868PL ( Tungsram NOS tubes) , Melco N1 used as NAS, ATC SCM 50 ASL, Icon HP8 headphone amp with various cans currently mostly Sennheiser HD800 S. Big Quadraspire rack.

Music interest is mainly classical particularly pre-classical ( special interest is 17th/18th C. Italian string works).

So that's all that might be interesting (or not) about me.
    Last edited by Old Cockerney; 12-04-2021 at 11:02.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Pete,

You've come a long way from the "Garrard turntable chassis balanced on a cardboard box". We all have to start somewhere (my own beginnings weren't so different). You now have a most enviable collection of equipment.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Pete.

Thanks Barry.

I have noticed a couple of typos in my post. I have to explain that one downside to being old is a loss of eyesight so I do apologise but, try as I may, there may well be further typing errors in my future posts.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Pete. Welcome to AOS from another old Londoner.

Looks like you may have started out even earlier than me, my interest in Hi-Fi dates back to the late sixties.

Join in the fun and chat with the members, everybody is friendly and don't worry about typing errors, you're not the only one here with dodgy eyesight!

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread