+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY 300B SET amplifier kits

I'm Chris.

Default DIY 300B SET amplifier kits

I fancy building a 300B SET amplifier and would like to buy a kit with all the necessary components including casework. I would prefer a UK kit but its not imperative.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    SW1X Open Baffle Speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired and crossover-less where possible - 4" vintage Siemens Klangfilm tweeters, 8" SEAS X2-08 EXOTIC W8 midrange drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers
    Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired.
    DRD 45 single ended, 45 triode, monoblocks,
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X

I'm charles.

Assembled one of these for a mate. Sounded very good producing a clean 7W

http://shop.diyhifisupply.com/produc...rcuit-diagram/

I'm inthescottishmafia.

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/kit...-300b-8th.html

AN kit from Hifi Collective, 10% discount if you order through them.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Jeremy.

There is also Bottlehead

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Collective also sell the Elekit.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Chris.

Some interesting stuff there. Keep them coming.

Just to reinforce the point I need a full construction kit. I am OK with soldering etc but not at putting together the appropriate components.

At present the Elekit looks promising.
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    SW1X Open Baffle Speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired and crossover-less where possible - 4" vintage Siemens Klangfilm tweeters, 8" SEAS X2-08 EXOTIC W8 midrange drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers
    Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired.
    DRD 45 single ended, 45 triode, monoblocks,
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X

I'm inthescottishmafia.

There are some videos by them on youtube building and modding one of the Elekit amps, will give you an idea what they are like.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    At present the Elekit looks promising.
    I built the pre-amp kit and am very pleased with it. Everything in the box with good clear instructions. Plenty of space on the pcb's for soldering etc.
    TT: Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Blue
    Phono stage: Muffsy
    Cd: Linn Karik
    Dac: Music Streamer II
    Amps: Pre: EleKit TU-8500, Power: Cambridge Audio Azur 651W
    Speakers: Chario Hiper Tower 2000
    Cables: Linn & Straight Wire
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD450

I'm Rob.

Chris- can you clear your inbox trying to send some info

+ Reply to Thread