+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: budget AV set up

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I find a 2 channel audio system quite sufficient for me. Actually I don't like surround sound, even when used at the cinema.

Regarding screen size, I would recall that the 'standard' lens on a 35mm camera has a focal length of 50mm. This is because the angle of view subtended at the film plane is about 45 degree; similar to angle of view of the human eye for visual information that is most important. (Actually the field of view is nearly 180 degree (we have peripheral vision), but we concentrate on what is usually within about a 40 to 50 degree viewing angle.)

My TV is a mere 32" and I sit about 9' away from the screen. I'm quite happy with this arrangement, but given the above, for a more "immersive" experience, I would need a 94" screen!
    Barry

I'm Ian.

My screen us about 9 feet wide, not sure what the diagonal is but i sit 13 feet away and its great, perfect size

I'm Ian.

As for stereo or 5.1 i generally find matching source gives best audio, but my surround audio whilst legacy is reasonable quality, lexicon, chord etc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12