+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Philip

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    But it is Marco. Nobody's forcing you to watch a particular set of TV channels or programs, and nobody's forcing you to read the papers, or the news, or the internet for that matter.

I just ignore it and carry on as normal. There's plenty to look at and do without broadcast TV.
    this is all true...but lets get back on track...The problem is, that when someone like Philip dies, or is in the news for being naughty, the coverage is just ridiculous...every channel is saturated for days and sometimes weeks...but hey...I do understand that..If you put your mind to it....you can switch it all off...put your tv box on...and watch anything you want...even without those damned adverts which are now lasting in excess of 5 minutes on some channels.....it is utterly ridiculous..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I wonder how much telly he used to watch? Not a lot would be my guess.

I want to know what these cancelled programmes were. I can't recall there being anything worth watching on BBC1 or ITV1 in the last 20 years at least.

Even the coverage of Prince Phil's death has got to be better viewing than 'Inside The Factory', 'The One Show' or 'Countryfile' even if it is presented in the same, moronic, sub-'Blue Peter Special' style.
    Spot on. Nothing much worth watching for some time.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    But it is Marco. Nobody's forcing you to watch a particular set of TV channels or programs (if they're not showing what you want then go elsewhere), and nobody's forcing you to read the papers, or the news, or the internet for that matter.
    Sure, mate, but you're still missing the point. I'm indirectly being forced not to be able to watch the programmes *I want* to watch, when they should've been broadcast, because of something I have little interest in.

And I'm not just ignoring it, because having my choices [with anything, not just TV programmes] dictated to like that is something that greatly irks me. And I prefer much of the broadcast material to most of what is available elsewhere, therefore I won't derive the same enjoyment from watching the latter, as I would the former.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    this is all true...but lets get back on track...The problem is, that when someone like Philip dies, or is in the news for being naughty, the coverage is just ridiculous...every channel is saturated for days and sometimes weeks.
    It is, and that's because of the absence of real news. And I agree, it's ridiculous - but then all the news media is these days. Think back a couple of weeks to the woman that was killed. Apparently a 'national outcry' as a white female was killed (leading to the 'all men are evil' reports). On the same day a black female was killed in London and nary a word was said.

It's all ridiculous mate, all of it.

But the media genuinely have very little to write about so they do one of two things; harp on about it until people puke, or make something up and then harp on about it until people puke.

This is the news!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure, mate, but you're still missing the point. I'm indirectly being forced not to be able to watch the programmes *I want* to watch, when they should've been broadcast, because of something I have little interest in.

And I'm not just ignoring it, because having my choices [with anything, not just TV programmes] dictated to like that is something that greatly irks me. And I prefer much of the broadcast material to most of what is available elsewhere, therefore I won't derive the same pleasure from watching the latter, as I would the former.

Marco.
    Indeed. But 100% of the time you're in the broadcaster's hands as to what they put on and when. This is no different, they're still putting on what they want and when. It's just different from the Radio Times' listing.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

this is all true...but lets get back on track...The problem is, that when someone like Philip dies, or is in the news for being naughty, the coverage is just ridiculous...every channel is saturated for days and sometimes weeks...but hey...I do understand that..
    I don't (or rather how it's justified), so perhaps you could explain it to me?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

What should happen is, should you want to follow the death of Philip., press the red button on your remote now... and leave what has been broadcast alone. I see Marcos point on this matter..

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

What should happen is, should you want to follow the death of Philip., press the red button on your remote now... and leave what has been broadcast alone. I see Marcos point on this matter..
    Exactly that, yes, or similar, and it could easily be done, and therefore keep everyone happy! So what's their excuse for not doing so?

I feel exactly the same when Trooping of the bloody Colour also dominates, but at least that's over with a damn sight quicker...!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Alan.

Originally Posted by mad-moon:
    this is all true...but lets get back on track...The problem is, that when someone like Philip dies, or is in the news for being naughty, the coverage is just ridiculous...every channel is saturated for days and sometimes weeks...but hey...I do understand that..

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I don't (or rather how it's justified), so perhaps you could explain it to me?

Marco.
    You don't understand that you can switch your tv box on and watch what you like????????????????? finish the quote Marco..

I do understand that..If you put your mind to it....you can switch it all off...put your tv box on...and watch anything you want...even without those damned adverts which are now lasting in excess of 5 minutes on some channels.....it is utterly ridiculous..

I thought you were saying you can understand why the coverage is just ridiculous and every channel is saturated for days and sometimes weeks.

If you re-read what you wrote, you'll see that's how it comes across

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Kevin.

So not content with mass media coverage, you go and start a thread on it as well?

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast