+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Philip

I'm Martin.

Everyone round to Roy's new crib for the house warming!

Remember - it's not a proper party if the Police haven't attended on at least two separate occasions

Looks sweet that does though Roy. Bathroom like a five star hotel.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Everyone round to Roy's new crib for the house warming!

Remember - it's not a proper party if the Police haven't attended on at least two separate occasions

Looks sweet that does though Roy. Bathroom like a five star hotel.
    We could triple the annual crime stats in one night!

Seriously though I'm not counting any chickens till completion, 'er indoors has paid for a top notch survey and her solicitor has sent out the contract but it wouldn't surprise me if she changed her mind.

I'm Martin.

It's a woman's prerogative.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Sorted! We too live in a detached bungalow, but Unfortunately no 'dedicated' listening room. So mostly I have to play the 3% of my records that she can tolerate
    Lol... Headphones? Kick her out with her mates for a night out, while you listen to choons? If it's during the day, kick her out in the garden?

All good suggestions

Fortunately, Del and I have similar music tastes, and she's happy to listen to anything, really. Music's on all the time. We have speakers of some description in nearly every room!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Seriously though I'm not counting any chickens till completion, 'er indoors has paid for a top notch survey and her solicitor has sent out the contract but it wouldn't surprise me if she changed her mind.
    Always a good move, mate. You can never be too thorough with these things. How old is the property?

That's what we did with Wynn Hall, mind you that was nearly 400 years old... Good job though, considering what the surveyor found!

Anyway, good luck with it. If it's to be the one, I wish you guys many years of happiness there

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's a woman's prerogative.
    I have the opposite with Del. She's super-fussy (takes her time to make decisions and considers things very carefully), but then is *very* decisive! There's no changing her mind. So when she WANTS something, she *WANTS* it - NOW!!

Marco
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Always a good move, mate. You can never be too thorough with these things. How old is the property?

That's what we did with Wynn Hall, mind you that was nearly 400 years old... Good job though, considering what the surveyor found!

Anyway, good luck with it. If it's to be the one, I wish you guys many years of happiness there

Marco.
    The original bungalow was built in the thirties but was massively extended and updated in 2013. As I said earlier our surveyor was impressed with the quality of the work carried out. He struggled to value it referring to it as a ‘one off’.

Thanks for your good wishes, it’s been ten years since I’ve actually lived with some one so It might be a bit of a culture shock to begin with.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I have the opposite with Del. She's super-fussy (takes her time to make decisions and considers things very carefully), but then is *very* decisive! There's no changing her mind. So when she WANTS something, she *WANTS* it - NOW!!

Marco
    Like ? Tea and Scones , OK got it.

Yes, and many 'other things'!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    The original bungalow was built in the thirties but was massively extended and updated in 2013. As I said earlier our surveyor was impressed with the quality of the work carried out. He struggled to value it referring to it as a ‘one off’.

Thanks for your good wishes, it’s been ten years since I’ve actually lived with some one so It might be a bit of a culture shock to begin with.
    No worries, mate. I'm sure this will be a new, exciting and happy chapter in your lives. Just make sure you CLAIM a dedicated listening room for your system, and stick to your guns on that, no matter what notions 'her indoors' has instead!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast