+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Philip

I'm Mike.

Ok so there are about 8 million people living in Scotland which is roughly about the same that live in London, North Sea oil and gas have brought much more revenue into the UK per head of population than any other single thing, us griping about motorways and hospitals is all well and good, even complaining that Scotts get further and higher education paid for but the revenue generated from the Scottish oil and gas fields far exceeds what they get back, in comparison Wales and NI bring in ???? I'm for keeping the UK coz i think we are better together, but i can understand why many Scotts want another vote.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    im not anti english.. not pro scottish either.. i was always, when younger british before scottish... most of it is banter tbh.. i might add scotland is taxed much higher than england hence some of the extra spending
    Indeed, and I'm not anti-English either. Far from it. The vast majority of my friends are English, some of whom I've known for over 20 years!

However, I *am* pro-Scottish, simply because that's where I was born and spent a huge chunk of my life, so I have a natural affinity for the country and its people, and also because while I lived there I experienced the many downsides of being ruled by an English (Westminster based) government!

The memories of that are one of the reasons why I'm so staunchly pro-Scottish independence!

We've also been here before with the British thing, and you know where I stand on that, and ultimately I'm Italian, even though I have dual nationality. It where all my roots are and also represents my whole culture

Therefore, quite naturally, I'm not down with any 'Rule Britannia' flag-waving crap, or pro-England rhetoric, and make no apologies for that!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Marco...
    rather than shackled to an English government, naturally biased towards English interests.

Do you mean Shackled to a UK Government? because there is no such thing as an English one...
    Well, in reality the control comes from Westmonster, so have a look on the map and see where that is!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    im not anti english.. not pro scottish either.. i was always, when younger british before scottish... most of it is banter tbh.. i might add scotland is taxed much higher than england hence some of the extra spending
    I'm not Anti Scottish..or pro English..as *some* people would have you believe. I love Scotland and I love the Scottish people.....but I also love England..It would be an extremely bad idea for Scotland to become independent from the UK.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, in reality the control comes from Westmonster, so have a look on the map and see where that is!

Marco.
    Yes, I've looked..it's in the UNITED KINGDOM.

I've just looked in the emojies for a union Jack....I see there is a WELSH flag there but no UNION JACK...or St Andrews flag either...

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Ok so there are about 8 million people living in Scotland which is roughly about the same that live in London, North Sea oil and gas have brought much more revenue into the UK per head of population than any other single thing, us griping about motorways and hospitals is all well and good, even complaining that Scotts get further and higher education paid for but the revenue generated from the Scottish oil and gas fields far exceeds what they get back, in comparison Wales and NI bring in ???? I'm for keeping the UK coz i think we are better together, but i can understand why many Scotts want another vote.
    We're on the same page on this one

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Yes, I've looked..it's in the UNITED KINGDOM.

I've just looked in the emojies for a union Jack....I see there is a WELSH flag there but no UNION JACK...or St Andrews flag either...
    Yes, but the most significant bit, in terms of my argument, is it's in London, ENGLAND!

In any case, that's all BJ-boy, the supposed 'UK prime minister', cares about!

Marco.
    Main System

Oh, and in terms of flags. you may wish to note that the Welsh one is rather ironically labelled as 'sheep', not 'Wales'!

However, we should add a Saltire, England flag and Union Jack to a list of flags. I'll look into that

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    go back a little while, When the whole of the UK was run on coal..where did all the coal come from...which benefitted the whole of the UK...including Scotland

(Britain’s rules on ownership of natural resources were clear well before oil was discovered; the UK Continental Shelf Act was passed in 1964. Before the discovery of oil in 1969, the Scots opted heavily against independence: in the 1966 general election the Scottish National party failed to win a single seat. The subsequent rise of Scottish nationalism, supported by the slogan “It’s Scotland’s oil”, is evidently in part an attempt at a retrospective resource grab.)in brackets.. knicked off the www.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

What about the Cornish flag as well?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/uncove...ckground.shtml
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast