+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Musical Fidelity V-Dac with optional LPSU

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Musical Fidelity V-Dac with optional LPSU

This has been doing occasional sterling service in my second system for years and I've honestly had no desire to change it. I've got too much stuff at he moment so as I've just swapped it over in the system with a Sabre DAC I've decided just to sell it. Surprisingly it seems to have more drive than the 240v Sabre DAC, but I'm sure the PSU helps. I'm still not sure I want to sell it but I've got loads of stuff so what the heck.

Some very good reviews online including Stereophile. It's near Durham for a few days then London so collection at either is possible. I can post to at buyer's risk and expense, there's not much to go wrong in the post.

I'd like £65 with the standard wall wart or for £90 I'll include the Maplin PSU with the cable and adaptor for the smaller socket in the dac. The Maplin was rated at 13.8v but I took the top off and reduced the voltage down to 12 using the little pot and a digital multimeter so it's fine.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 11-04-2021 at 10:39.

I'm Geoff.

Nice little DAC. I have one in my collection!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks Geoff it's a great DAC took me a while to actually appreciate that as other dacs came and went over the years.

I think that's often the case with digital.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Just realised the reason for the slightly forward sound I noticed was the JKenny USB convertor I was using with my Zen. I've noticed it when used with other dacs too. This DAC has a nice natural "analogue" sound to it.

+ Reply to Thread