+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Cambridge Audio 840a v2 integrated amp (silver)

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Cambridge Audio 840a v2 integrated amp (silver)

Nice amp this, weighs a ton and has bags of power. (Actually it's the heaviest amp I've owned.) Class XD I think it's called, it's supposed to give you much of the benefit of class A with less heat. It still gets very warm but then it can go up to about 100wpc rather than 20 odd you'd expect in true class A. This is the sought after v2 version with sweeter treble. I'm not really sure the current 851a at about £1k is much better.

Bought as very low use and still has the sticker on the LCD display so I can buy that. I've owned a couple before and they can get issues where the volume knob jumps more than 1 step at a time. (Remote control is always fine though.) I can certify that this one has no such issues. Worth noting the stepped resistor ladder volume control means it clicks when you change the volume.

It has some intelligent features like renaming sources, dimmable display, switchable speaker protection circuit etc. It's pretty clever actually.

Comes with remote and in good overall condition except a few small marks. Please PM for pics.

Weighs a ton and no original box, hence collection only. Item is currently near Durham but if there's interest I can get it to London. Asking price a very fair £325.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Sold STC

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Wow - that was quick. Well done.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Cheers it was just luck but I'll update later today when (if) I know the lucky buyer is happy with it.

+ Reply to Thread