+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Synology/LMS/Squeezebox Conundrum

I'm Bernie.

I'm Alastair.

Lightbulb Using LMS with Docker on x86 NAS

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    I have a Synology NAS on which I was running Logitech Media Server and using Squeezeboxes.
    Unfortunately LMS can no longer run on the NAS, so I can’t access any digital music at present.
    Has anyone else had this problem and if so how have you resolved it please?

Cheers John
    I had this problem. It is to do with the PERL update on Synology and Pinkdot who was maintaining the Synology LMS versions has stopped doing so. If you have a Synology that has an Intel processor (x86) then you can install Docker and use the LMS image in Docker, that way, you are independent of what Synology decides to support or not support and should work when DSM7 comes along. This worked for me on my DS218+ NAS.

The instructions are here https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...039#post999039

Its easy enough to follow but once LMS is up and running you might find it cannot see your folders on the NAS. If that happens (it did to me) you need to change the permissions, see how to here..

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ackages/page35

If you have an ARM-based NAS you are stuffed as far as Synology options go. I also have LMS running quite happily with a 500 GB SSD on an RPi4 using PicCorePlayer. You can always link that to the drives on your NAS via USB or your network.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12