+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Believe In Miracles

I'm David.

Default I Believe In Miracles

So, in the true spirit of Easter my much missed Mark Levinson 390CD has risen from the dead !!
    Kind of.....

The problem with it was that the right channel would cut out sometimes minutes, sometimes hours after power up.
    I took it to a couple of recommended hifi repair types who were unable to diagnose the exact fault but both felt that test and repair would be prohibitively expensive. Neither charged, which was amazing.

With nothing better to do this afternoon I thought I'd plug the deceased into my Soncoz SGD1 DAC which, together with an Audiolab 6000 Transport, I bought to replace it. (The new messiah ?)

It's sounding terrific. I tempted to say better than the Audiolab, but not significantly so. It's a beautifully engineered piece of kit though and I'm very pleased to have it operational again.

Looks like the Audiolab's gonna be on the sub's bench for now.
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Rob.

It's all about synergy! I have used a Sony PS2 from the Dig Out to a Dac and been amazed.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Simon.

Where you from your sexy thing you....

I'm David.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BultyBoy View Post
    Where you from your sexy thing you....
    Birkenhead
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    It's all about synergy! I have used a Sony PS2 from the Dig Out to a Dac and been amazed.
    And there's me thinking you choose your kit based purely on how cool the name is................

I'm Simon.

I got married in Birkenhead after my girlfriend, now wife got herself pregnant, toss up between Barnsley or Birkenhead!

I'm David.

after my girlfriend, now wife got herself pregnant,

Are there any seahorses on her side of the family ?

I'm Simon.

It was her not taking adequate precautions, I was a victim, anyway were still strong after 32 years 😄

I'm Martin.

I remember Birkenhead in 1979. Never been to Barnsley at any time but it still sounds like a better bet.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by BultyBoy View Post
    It was her not taking adequate precautions, I was a victim, anyway were still strong after 32 years ��
    I sympathise, it must have been awful for you.
    Many congrats on the 32 years, that's an achievement. I've made it it two and a half years twice. A girlfriend genuinely called me from Heathrow back in the 90s purely to say the word w**ker. A week later I received a postcard from Australia saying the same. And I thought it was going okay...............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast