+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pioneer RT 909

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Default Pioneer RT 909

Great example of this deck in fine condition. This was serviced prior to my acquiring it from the previous owner, and has had very little use by me as to be honest I bought it mainly for it's looks- I have a Tandberg TD20A as a daily driver, so this tends just to sit there looking nice. I have used it occasionally to keep it up to snuff.

Price is £1600 which includes the NAB adapters, the pair of metal reels and tape.

The deck is in the Redcar area, I'll deliver up to say 100 miles- further for cost of fuel, or it can be picked up. This is my partners' house so I've no system there, but it can be heard on a pair of headphones should you wish, can arrange this outside to comply with current COVID restrictions.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

Ali, I almost shed a little tear when I saw this.,

Looking as stunning as ever

Someone is going to be a happy bunny to get their hands on this piece of craftsmanship.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi Peter, yes, bit of a reluctant sale TBH, but I'm just not using it, and it deserves to be played.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Josie.

I know the RT-909 really well. I had numerous upgrades done to mine.

More info on my blog. (see my signature)

Its a timeless bit of kit and something to cherish. For a consumer deck it's an excellent choice.

This is a very good price indeed and won't be around for long.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks Jo, it is indeed.

This is now SOLD.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm David.

That's beautiful. Not surprised it sold so swiftly.
    How does sound quality compare with vinyl or CD ?
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It's the best source I've heard in my system, at its best better than anything else.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

Stunning R2R Ali
    I'm sure the new owner will be very happy.
    I agree with your logic that a great source like this needs to be used and appreciated that's why I decided to sell my Technics RS1500

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Gary.

If only the music to play on it was cheaper...

Seen this and was interested.
    Dont have Sky Arts or the like to catalogue great broadcasts, some amazing Historical stuff on YouTube but, it’s YouTube, and..therefore..available as easy as a tape recording.

Genuinely considered this as a piece of audio History just to sit on the rack as it looks so very, very, Cool.
    Happy it’s new Owner will get the benefit.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers guys, was sad to see it go TBH.

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread