+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living Voice advice please

I'm matt.

I remember reading on another forum that the cheapest version was preferred because they were more raw or exciting sounding. Got a feeling that there was at least a couple of people who though that to be the case.

I'm Richard.

Kevin Scott (owner/designer of LV) always recommended valve amps for his speakers or the Sugden A21 (rather than the very latest versions!)

I run mine either with a WAD PP 300b or more recently Quad II, both to great effect.
    Paul.

I'm Gwyn.

Richard I see you have put feelers out on another forum, let’s hope you get lots of offers
    Very interesting comment on Avatars being more lively, it’s their ability to portray musical expression that has attracted me.
    I said "I'M A LITTLE DEAF"

I'm Paul.

I've had two sets of LV Avatars, the OBX-RW and a cheaper model that came with separate cross over boxes - the R2s I think. Unless you have a high end system go for the R2s.

I used a P20 Border Patrol amp to drive them but I found I could get a better performance out of the them with my Icon MB90 mk2 in triode mode which is about 40Ws
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
    Out here we is stoned, immaculate
    The WASP - The Doors

I'm Gwyn.

Cheers Paul, high end? Now there’s a can of worms, high end today seems to exclude 90% of the population. It used to be something that you could strive for instead of a newer car.

Currently using Eastern Electric M88 fully Psvane, Lenco fully rebuilt into Corian multi layer plinth, 12”Schu arm ZYX R100 into Audio Detail phono stage and Denafrips dac.

About to have a pair of Ming Da 300b Monoblocks rebuilt with top quality critical components. Depending on their suitability a pair of top Psvane valves

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I currently run a pair of Avatars mk1 so early one's I think these have the castle made cabinets and drive them with a Puresound 2a3 amplifier.
    The combination works well, plenty of power and excitement but refinement too.

Very happy with it.
    I would say that the Avatars and the Avatars mk2 or 3 are the sweet spot in the range value wise.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Gwyn.

Thanks for your input Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12