+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Hana ML or AT Art-9?

I'm Kevin.

Further troubleshooting suggests that it is a wiring issue.
    Either in the cartridge tags, or in my pre-amp.

I fitted a different cartridge, and I have the same problem.
    Time to break out the multimeter....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

The green tag fell off. I guess I found the problem.
    Re-soldered in place, and both channels are working.
    Last edited by CageyH; 12-04-2021 at 13:04.
    Kevin

I'm John.

Phew!

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Phew!

My thoughts exactly. The cabling looked ok, till the tag fell off....
    Kevin

I'm Peter.

I was able to get my Orbe SE to the dealers, they used my amp and similar speakers and I demoed both the Hana and AT Art 9. I eventually went with the Art 9 over the Hana, now don’t expect me to wax lyrical about why, it just sounded better and got more detail from the music.

Just sat here reading through this thread and listening to the Stones Let It Bleed and wow, the Stones are in the room.

I'm Mike.

It's been years since being on this forum. I've been reading this thread and may be able to contribute with some words of wisdom that may help understand on how to help Mikeandvan understand the passion that we have with our audio obsessions which I think will be eye opening experience to everyone on this thread.
    Spending $100 on a cartridge is a bull shit move. Anyone who cherishes their high fidelity record collection knows that investing in a cartridge phono preamp combo starts at $800 and up. Thank you everyone for investing your time on these words of wisdom. I know you will cherish these words as gospel in the quest for audio nirvana.
    Thank you. And merry Christmas to all here!

That being said, I am thinking of upgrading my fantastic performing AT AT33EV MC cartridge to either a Hana ML or AT ART9XI/XA. Maybe I get both and have them in my collection. I am not sure yet, but based on everyones experience on this thread, you can't go wrong with either. Just wish I could audition both though.
    It will be going into my beloved 36 year old heavily modded Technics SL1200MK2 which will be used on my first and only ps audio gcph modded phono preamp which can accept mm and mc carts with different impedances.

See my signature below for the all-out assault on the mods performed on my tt's.

What do you guys think?
    Anyone who thinks CDs sound better needs to listen to my system. Besides, my cables sound better than yours.

Technics SL1200-MK2 SE-1: MN Bearing + Baseplate + AL/CU Platter, Paul Hynes SR7 Power Supply, Isonoe Feet, SME V, Audio Technica AT33EV, CableMaker 1 Tonearm Cable
    Technics SL1200-MK2 SE-2: MN Bearing + Baseplate, Copper Mat, Paul Hynes SR7 Power Supply, Isonoe Feet, SME 309, Audio Technica ATOC9/MLII, CableMaker 1 Tonearm Cable

I'm Kevin.

I think that price is not a performance indicator.

My phono stage cost me less than $800, and it would take a lot more to better it.
    Kevin

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I think that price is not a performance indicator.

My phono stage cost me less than $800, and it would take a lot more to better it.
    Same here. Totally get it. But I had my phone preamps (I have two for two turntables on two systems) modded with upgrades that took it to a whole other level which pushed them over the $1000 mark. I would put them against phono preamps that would cost 3-5 times the cost.
    Anyone who thinks CDs sound better needs to listen to my system. Besides, my cables sound better than yours.

Technics SL1200-MK2 SE-1: MN Bearing + Baseplate + AL/CU Platter, Paul Hynes SR7 Power Supply, Isonoe Feet, SME V, Audio Technica AT33EV, CableMaker 1 Tonearm Cable
    Technics SL1200-MK2 SE-2: MN Bearing + Baseplate, Copper Mat, Paul Hynes SR7 Power Supply, Isonoe Feet, SME 309, Audio Technica ATOC9/MLII, CableMaker 1 Tonearm Cable

I'm Kevin.

I have a large number of phono pre amps, but the BB3 I built is my favourite.

It is not about what is best, but which one you like the most.
    Kevin

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have a large number of phono pre amps, but the BB3 I built is my favourite.

It is not about what is best, but which one you like the most.
    Exactly! If it sounds right to the listener, it is right, regardless of cost. There will always be something "better", but most of us don't have bottomless pockets, and money spent chasing that nth degree of resolution is money not spent on music. Which for me is what it's all for
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast