+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decisions, decisions.

I'm Pete.

Hi Duncan
    Have you considered hearing aid(s)? - I wear a pair (NHS supplied) that have been "tuned" to boost the frequencies that are in decline in my hearing. This allows me to continue to enjoy music from my system.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by losepete View Post
    Hi Duncan
    Have you considered hearing aid(s)? - I wear a pair (NHS supplied) that have been "tuned" to boost the frequencies that are in decline in my hearing. This allows me to continue to enjoy music from my system.
    That sounds like a good idea - it would be a shame to close the door on something you've loved for so long over something that may be fixable.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudanym View Post
    Hi all and Happy easter.
    Although not a member of this glorious site for long, I have spent many a happy hour scrutinising various threads and posts recently.
    Having been an avid Hifi buff for 40 years, I have arrived at an epiphany.
    My latest audiology review at work has confirmed a problem of which I have been aware for some time.
    My upper frequency hearing is in decline, and is not likely to improve. I have been aware of this during listening sessions and it makes the following decision somewhat painful.
    The equipment I have cherished for some time now is being used more and more infrequently as I cannot hear the things I used to.
    Therefore, I am going to part with it all. Herein lies my dilemma.
    I do not know the true worth of it all.
    Prices are subjective I think, with whim being a major player in this field.
    Does anybody feel they can help me on this matter please ?
    I have numerous lovely quality pieces I will have to part with, all in near mint condition.
    They include a Wadia 861 basic CD player, a Mark Levinson 38s pre-amp, a Classe Audio DR8 pre-amp, a 3 shelf Finite Elemente Pagode
    Reference equipment rack, and a pair of Dali helicon mk1 400 speakers with dedicated Dali stands.
    The thing is, what are they worth please ?
    I am quite happy to list them here for sale, but am unsure where to go on a price that is fair to both seller and purchaser.
    Hoping some kind person may be able to help me here on my sad quest.
    Thank you very much indeed.
    Take care and stay safe.
    Duncan.
    Are you sure the Dali's are 400s, they don't have stands. I suspect they are the 200 or 300 model?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

As someone who has been chasing rainbows for over 30 years I can tell you first hand that you may regret selling your Hi-Fi, unless your not going to loose much money as I always seem to do. Dont get hung up on the loss of treble, you will get over the feeling of despair and sadness, as I did, at least your not in a position where you think you need to spend more money to make up for it! Im still getting a lot of enjoyment from speaker changes, its the one thing that still fundamentally makes a difference even with our loss of top end, just moving the ones I have slightly can still bring a big grin to my face because you can still detect improvement in a hell of a lot of whats left, vocals, mid bass, low bass, there's still a lot going on bellow Hi Frequency. Like anything else, once you accept it is what it is you can get back to enjoying what you have. Alternatively if you can make loads of money, maybe buy something like a Jetski (insert exiting toys) and still enjoy music on cheaper system then go for it but that could also leave you feeling empty if you love your existing gear.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Jon.

Hello Duncan.

If you decide to sell I would be very interested in the ML pre amplifier.

Thanks

Jon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12