+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For April

I'm Steve.

Been very wet all day here, and cold... Tomorrow looks to be the same, but with added gale force winds. My tomorrow job involves being on a low roof of clay Rosemary tiles, so that's not happening. I'll stay at home safe and give up a day's money.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Been very wet all day here, and cold... Tomorrow looks to be the same, but with added gale force winds. My tomorrow job involves being on a low roof of clay Rosemary tiles, so that's not happening. I'll stay at home safe and give up a day's money.
    H&S says 23mph wind and its a no no.. so day off mate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

torrential rain here, had to go out in it to the shop as run out of food. Got soaked. It's blowing a gale too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    H&S says 23mph wind and its a no no.. so day off mate
    These days there are a lot of A&E programmes on telly, and Mrs. P sees most of them - often featuring blokes who fell off roofs/ladders/scaffolds, often similar age to me, and they never do well. So she has become a bit of a worrier. I've never had a fear of heights, but I look at it more logically these days - broken limbs = more than a day off.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

only fell of one ladder...it was a long way down, with plenty of think time. i managed to adjust my landing position and kinda got away with it; at time anyway although it contributed to my hip being as it is i think. still as my leg was jammed in a rung at time i thought i would snap off the lower bit. amazing how much clarity you get in such times. wasnt silly high; maybe 30 ft
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I don't like ladders. Gutter height is my limit and I doubt I'd do that now. Broken a few things in the past though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't like ladders. Gutter height is my limit and I doubt I'd do that now. Broken a few things in the past though.
    Yes I wasn't keen on heights when I started. 10/12ft seemed a death sentence . Doesn't look much looking up of course.
    . Ladders wise we occasionally used massive ones but it wasn't common. Impromptu scaffold was more common and probably more dangerous
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

When my parents lived in a bungalow, I would often be up on the roof to sort out the TV aerial. Just used a step ladder to climb onto the roof and then up to the chimney stack. However a few years later when we were fitting an extra aerial on the end of the bungalow, I volunteered to again go up onto the roof and sit astride the ridge. Sitting at the end of the roof I could see the ground below and then realised I was no longer at ease with heights, and quickly retreated!

Since then I have developed an alarming fear of heights, to the point that I have to look away if I see a vertiginous view on TV, even though I'm in the safety and comfort of my armchair. Not surprisingly, I'm now happy pay to have the windows cleaned and gutters cleared.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    When my parents lived in a bungalow, I would often be up on the roof to sort out the TV aerial. Just used a step ladder to climb onto the roof and then up to the chimney stack. However a few years later when we were fitting an extra aerial on the end of the bungalow, I volunteered to again go up onto the roof and sit astride the ridge. Sitting at the end of the roof I could see the ground below and then realised I was no longer at ease with heights, and quickly retreated!

Since then I have developed an alarming fear of heights, to the point that I have to look away if I see a vertiginous view on TV, even though I'm in the safety and comfort of my armchair. Not surprisingly, I'm now happy pay to have the windows cleaned and gutters cleared.
    There's no doubt that fear of heights become more of a thing as we get older. I'll not relate some of the stuff I did when younger as it would just make me look stupid. If I'm honest I do think more about the consequences of it going wrong these days.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

going up on the roof to fix the aerial is how Rod Hull copped it. And Tony Hares.

I also have trouble with heights even if it's only on TV. Worst vertigo I ever had was in the Empire State Building. I was on the 86th floor and there was an open lift door with one of those plastic safety barriers in front of it. I felt compelled to look over it down the empty lift shaft so I did. Took a bit of time to recover from that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast