+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uni-Pivot tonearms?

I'm Steve.

I have a Hadcock GH228 for my LP12, cart is V15 type III.
    Steve.

TT: 1986 Townshend Rock, 1980 Luxman PD264, 1978 Planar 3 in original condition. LP12 (work in progress).
    Arm: AO modified Moth RB250, Hadcock GH228, Rega R200. Acost Lustre GST1, Hadcock GH228 special.
    Cart: AT OC9 III, Shure V15 III, Bellex HOMC, Garrott K2, VdH DDT-II special.
    Phono: Vincent PHO-8, Akitika MM.
    CDPs: California Labs CL15, Pioneer DVP 676A, Vincent CD-S4.
    Digi: Squeezeboxes. Yamaha WXC50. Denafrips Ares II.
    Amps: Copland CSA-29, Denon PMA250 II, a couple of cheap T amps, WHAMMY headphone Amp. First Watt DIY M2X, B1 Mesmerize Pre. Elekit TU-8500 Pre, Pass B1Korg DIY pre.
    Speakers: 1995 Castle Howard S1, 1970 Wharfedales, Dick Smith's $80 specials. KEf Ref 104aB, Usher S-520.
    Headphones: AKG Q701, Massdrop / Hifiman HE-4XX.

I'm James.

Your description of the Andy McNally Unipivot sounds similar to the presentation I get from my VPI 9T Unipivot. Lots of air, space and big soundstage.

Interestingly VPI sells both Unipivot and Gimbal bearing tonearms but I believe the Unipivots sound better but are not favoured by a lot of folk due to their wobbly nature!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Your description of the Andy McNally Unipivot sounds similar to the presentation I get from my VPI 9T Unipivot. Lots of air, space and big soundstage.

Interestingly VPI sells both Unipivot and Gimbal bearing tonearms but I believe the Unipivots sound better but are not favoured by a lot of folk due to their wobbly nature!
    Theyíre a bit scary at first, wobbling about and the fact thereís no real resistance when I lift it up except for vtf. Iíve put my VM-750 back on, definitely better with MM carts. I was going to buy another for my new TT project, but Iíll put my Audiomods V on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12