+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wam Show 2022 confirmed

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I wpuldn't mind sharing a room next year if anyone is interested?
    i'd be up for that mate.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andrew.

Just as an update there is now a thread for those wanting to exhibit to at least put there names down . As per my update those already previously paid are getting preference and then those who paid but obtained a refund. After this it is first cone first served so if you want to have a room best to get your name on the list now.

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads...bitors.108063/

I'm Andrew.

As I promised and for those that do not look at The Wam much the show page has gone live and gives details for both Visitors and Exhibitors and details of the venue . As you will see the number of tickets for the day is being limited to 400 which in my view is a very low number but no doubt this has been set to comply with regulations in the current climate . So given this if you are thinking about attending it may well be wise to buy your tickets in advance as there is every chance that they will sell out before the day and no on the door tickets may be available .

As I promised in case some on here do not frequent the Wam here is the show page with details for Visitors and Exhibitors . As you can see the tickets are being limited so there is a good chance that they may sell out before the day . My own view is this is a very low number for a whole day but no doubt the rules have said this is the maximum we can deal with safely in the current climate.

https://show.hifiwigwam.com/

I'm Phil.

400 people !!!! oh my goodness thats low
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    400 people !!!! oh my goodness thats low
    hotel fire regulations are driving the limit
    cheers Paul

My main system:
    Linn LP12/PU2/Goldring Eroica + Puresound T10 + EAR834P / Innuos ZENmini2 + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Musical Fidelity A5 + L2 mods / Boenicke W8 speakers

I'm Phil.

got it !
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Nigel.

Andrew, are you able to edit your title so people know there will be a 2022 show? When I got to the post about the (2021) show being cancelled, I nearly dropped my chips!

I'm Martin.

I've changed it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Thanks Macca sorry been a bit busy with minor ops and system failures so not been on here for a while .

Just a little addition to to this thread for those that are going to attend . There is going to be an organised Raffle and Auction at the show and currently the organisers are getting donations for both . Rules and how they will work will be shown soon but I think that only those attending can either bid or bu raffle tickets but watch the thread to see confirmation of this . A thread for both is already on the Wam site and all proceeds from both will given to a local hospice charity to support the Stoke area were the show is being held. If you have any donations for either the raffle or the auction get in touch with a Wammer you know who is going or one of the show Team as all additions would be welcome .

A number of us are also going to bring loads of the low price hifi tat that most os us have knocking about cables , psu etc and these will be sold in the rooms for a donation to the charity for anyone interested.

I'm George.

The Wam Show is unique with 40 people bringing their systems from the length and breadth of the UK, from the Isle of Mull to Cornwall, to the North Stafford Hotel, Stoke-on-Trent. They will set up their systems up to show you the excellent sound quality that can be achieved in reasonable-sized rooms. These systems are built without allegiance to one company although many use components from one company. This is also a serious social event and it is the chance for audio enthusiasts to discuss all things audio.

Audionote will be at the Show and given the Show is unique they will be demonstrating something unique. They will be demonstrating a system that does not exist.

What?

Audionote will show audio equipment that is not a commercial product (yet). The audio equipment will show how Audionote develops new audio. The audio will be on open display and Darko Greguras (R&D Engineer) and Micky Seaton will explain what components are used and why it is used. They will also demonstrate the impact of these changes on the sound quality. As an example, their new CD transport uses a belt drive, why? They will explain and compare to a current CD transport that uses a crystal-controlled drive system. Why does Audionote think a belt drive is better? Come along and hear if there is a difference and which you prefer.

There will be many other demonstrations of different designs and grades of components they use and their impact on audio quality.

More details to come.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast