+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wam Show 2022 confirmed

I'm Andrew.

Default The Wam Show 2022 confirmed

I know that some on here do not look at other sites but some do so thought I would post this as information and to interest any of those who would like to attend .

Before Covid the Wam Show was a great yearly event the best part being it was real people setting up their real systems no Trade rooms just some general stalls downstairs for accessories , LP's and other such items .

This years was supposed to be in September but there have been complications it has now been announced that there will be a show at the Kegworth Hotel over two days weekend 1 - 3 October . Full details are not being given as with the current fluid situation some things are still to be confirmed . More details should be given on 1 st of May .

A spreadsheet for those wanting to take part with a room will be available probably in the next couple of weeks but there may well be few spaces as most that signed up for the 2019 show have just rolled things over .

I will be taking a room for my three way active speaker system which will have three NVA power amplifiers used . Will let everyone know my room number when I can and if anyone does decide to visit please call in say hello have a listen and let me know honestly what you think good or bad I will try not to get too upset .

I have decided that I will add a CD Transport to the boxes which normally I do not use but it will help for those that want to bring their own music to have a listen which I would encourage . The shows in the past have been some of the best times I have spent over the last few years and given the none year we had last year and lack contact with the small number of people who enjoy music the way we do I would encourage anyone to consider this year and make the effort .

I'm Mike.

Good news, i may be interested in a room or sharing a room with someone, i'll head over to the WAM and see what's what.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Lawrence.

I've recently bought an Ifi Zen Blue Bluetooth adaptor. If I can make it I'll bring that as it will allow people to stream from their phone in AptX HD.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Phil.

superb news
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Gary.

May pop my cherry this year (if at all possible as the Months play out...)
    Strictly as a wander about and enjoy other Peeps Wares kinda punter.

Miss those hifi togethers. (Particularly Petchy's NEBO, which would be my first port of call)
    Last edited by Gazjam; 31-03-2021 at 19:21.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Mike.

+1 for NEBO

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Phil.

sad news , the wam show is off

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/top...ortant-notice/

from the site :
    My name is Roo, I am the son of the owner of HiFi Wigwam (Rachel). The purpose of this post is to inform all forum members of some important changes.

Effective immediately, Peter (the previous admin) no longer has any involvement in the forum. There are aspects of the changes you may consider positive, but one you most likely will not. Some members may be aware of my mother and Peter’s relations and other business. Unfortunately, everything has been left in somewhat of a mess, and my mother is also currently in hospital.

First and foremost, I do not propose to make any major changes to the forum or to promise things that are impossible or that go against the wishes of the majority of forum members. I am now aware of some of the problems with the forum and of issues members have raised. My main work is as a developer, so the site itself will be my first focus, with the aim of resolving the problems.

The bad news is that although it was my mother’s strong wish for the 2021 show to go ahead, with a heavy heart I have to announce that we have no option but to postpone it until the spring. We are aware some members would have anyway preferred this, though we also know it will be a disappointment to many. Regrettably, most of the arrangements appear not to have been completed, to the extent that the hotel cannot actually offer the required space, as they are carrying out some works. We initially propose making it a two-day event again (i.e., setup on Saturday, ticketed visitors on Sunday as it used to be), which seems to be most people’s preference. We also suggest running the show on the 26th and 27th March, but we would be happy to be flexible to suit all the exhibitors. Under any circumstances, we will refund any exhibitor payments made by any member who does not wish to continue participating.
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Andrew.

As the originator of this thread I would like to add a few comments , I will make this very clear these are y views and my views only I have no contact directly or otherwise with the Owners and Admin of the Wam and they may well have very different views .

Firstly the above cancellation has come a a real kick in the stomach for me I have been working and getting my system working and stable in order to be able to finally be let all those that wanted to listen to it and have their own views on if it works.

I know the reasons for the cancellation and respect that it was inevitable that it had to go this way . I think the decision could have been made much sooner but this is only a personal view and given that one person involved has been ill and in hospital then I am sure they were dealing with much more important things than a Hi Fi show no matter how much I love the Wam Show .

As per the message things over however many months have become messy and Peter who was the Admin and controller of all things Wam has been difficult to deal with both from a Wammers view point and I am guessing even more so for his family . Result now is that Peter has no further involvement in the Wam or the The Wam Show . To all froj now there is a new Wam Admin (Roo) and we are told a new way of working . We are also as members finding out that there are a number of issues in various areas including software that needs to sorted out ad will be getting attention . All of this is only of real concern for those that want to visit the Wam or possibly join but I have added what I can for those interested but do not want to use or visit the Wam. I am for my personal view quite happy to let the issues of the past go with the previous Admin and consider that finished and closed. I am also happy to let the new Wam Admin and set up get itself in shape and let us see what it will become.

But the main reason for this post and this thread is the Wam Show . Those who have exhibited and those that have attended can all confirm that this is a unique and very different experience a show were the people show real systems in real rooms for others to listen to and like or dislike as they see fit. Having only been to three shows I have not the experience of the shows to pass on as many others do but for me it became the most looked for weekend in the calender . To meet some old friends , listen to music set my system up for others to listen to and get drunk and make a fool of myself and only be ribbed out it the next day was pure joy and I really want to do that again . We have now been informed that we will have a new Venue for next years show so we will have to wait to see were and what type of venue can be secured . Given the need for a large number of decent sized rooms and good access from most areas this is not easy so we will have to be patient . Some on here have been critical and damning in there views on this situation which is understandable but I want to ask for some tolerance and patience going forward. If the show does go ahead next year if I am allocated a room I will be there and I want to ask anyone that has considered it in the past do it next year we will need lots of support and lots of visitors if the show is to continue as i hope it will .

In the mean time if it is okay I will add any news (or anyone else can add news as well) and keep everyone informed of what is happening and new developments as they are made known .

I'm Phil.

Yes hear all your good points

Some superb breaking news , duvet is back as administrator which is great for the wam. A safe pair of hands

I'm Steve.

I wpuldn't mind sharing a room next year if anyone is interested?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast