+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project - PART II 8-<>

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    That top plate is in a bit of a state. What's the plan for that Andrew?
    Repair the corrosion, fill in a few holes, then a complete respray.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Proper restoration job and great to see how it all begins.
    Thanks!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Any chance of detailing how you respray the top plate Andrew. Type of undercoat and top coats. I've seen your previous work and it looks excellent.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Any chance of detailing how you respray the top plate Andrew. Type of undercoat and top coats. I've seen your previous work and it looks excellent.
    ok, I'll do that in a later post.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Thanks Andrew
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Pt IV - Nice and clean!

I've not really shown 7000 any love or attention over the weekend. I've been looking after a poorly Lenco PTP 5. So, I've got a few pictures to show the current state of affairs. Firstly I have polished out the corrosion to the top plate. Lots of wet and dry have really fetch up the top plate and this should make for a pretty good paint job.

I've saved the transit screws. They looked a little worse for wear and the paint was chipped.

A little later and I've painted them back to the original colour. I saved the circlips as they were in perfect condition.

I polished the rim of the platter but I'm not happy with the finish so I'll redo this at some point. Hopefully, I should have the top plate primed and ready for re-spray. Stay tuned.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

That's a very thorough job Andrew. You could almost use that top plate as is
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

That's a very thorough job Andrew. You could almost use that top plate as is
    Yes I have thought about doing something like that.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123