+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opera Consonance M12 Horn Speakers

I'm Stuart.

Default Opera Consonance M12 Horn Speakers

As we seem to be approaching the end of this Lockdown I felt that now would be the best time to offer these lovely sounding Opera Consonance M12’s for sale

Rare to find for sale in the UK and a ideal way to get into Horn speakers on a budget

I’ve owned them for 10 years now and have been very happy with there performance in my average size room (5x4.5m) , they are 97db sensitivity so very easy to drive , I’ve ran them with various low powered valve amps over the years , eventually settling on a Glasshouse 300b 9w SET which makes a wonderfull combination with them
    There only being moved on now to help fund a larger horn project as I now have more space in my new room (nearly 9x6m )
    I have another Tannoy based system which was meant to be for this large room but as it goes it sounds much better in the smaller dedicated room , leaving me with some space to experiment with bigger horns

I bought them from a guy in Portugal and he had them shipped over to me in Glasgow , I believe he said he was the second owner and that they had been bought buy him as Ex-demo models in the UK

Condition wise , I’d say there in overall good shape , there not in “as new“ perfect condition but are very presentable for there age , a few little bumps , chips here and there , I’ve tried to take pics of any damage as best as I can , maybe a little colour fade to the veneers but nothing that takes away from the overall look , I’ve never seen another pair to compare them too , so I’m probably just being picky here so as any potential buyer knows exactly what there getting

They have had a repair done to one of the dust caps previous to me owning them , looks like it’s had a bash and been pulled out as best as possible , this is cosmetic and does not effect the sound in any way ......never really bothered me as it can only be seen on close inspection

Previous owner has carried out a few worthwhile upgrades to these speakers which I’ve no doubt has upped their performance over their original spec

Xovers have been upgraded to the mk2 model , originals will also be supplied

The internal damping has been upgraded with lambs wool damping

Also a pair of Horn Super tweeters were added inc suitable x overs , these just connect up to the horn binding posts and sit on top of the horns so can be added or removed with ease

They come with the originally supplied speaker grills , floor Spikes , shipping crates and instruction booklet

I’ve also got some Auralex Acoustics Gamma floor supports which I felt sounded better than the spikes in my wooden suspended floor room, these are actually designed for guitar amps to sit on but after a lot of expensive isolation mistakes , I found that these brought out the best in the bass performance of these Horns

I’d welcome any potential buyer to come along and demo these before buying but realise that that may cause it’s on problems due to COVID restrictions that are still in place at present but as soon as this is lifted I will make sure they can be demonstrated in a clean, safe and social distanced environment
    I’ve got various valve amps that I can demo them with ,single ended and PP , or bring your own amp with you

Buyer to collect or I can possibly help with delivery when restrictions allow

Dimensions 950 x440 x500
    Weight 35kg

£1300

[url=https://ibb.co/NyqpvTD]
    Last edited by Slammed56; 25-03-2021 at 17:29. Reason: Adding extra pic

I'm phil.

These look bloody lovely, now that’s thrown a spanner in my plans.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Russell.

I like them a lot

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Is that a Mr Liang 845 on the floor?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Stuart.

It is indeed Ali ,
    Dave’s (Hewitt) old GM70 modded one
    Dug it out to try with the HPD Lockwoods till something more suitable pops up , got to say it’s not doing to bad a job of it

I'm Lawrence.

PM sent a bit earlier

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Stuart.

Replied Lawrence ��

I'm Keith.

Default Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed56 View Post
    As we seem to be approaching the end of this Lockdown I felt that now would be the best time to offer these lovely sounding Opera Consonance M12’s for sale

Rare to find for sale in the UK and a ideal way to get into Horn speakers on a budget

I’ve owned them for 10 years now and have been very happy with there performance in my average size room (5x4.5m) , they are 97db sensitivity so very easy to drive , I’ve ran them with various low powered valve amps over the years , eventually settling on a Glasshouse 300b 9w SET which makes a wonderfull combination with them
    There only being moved on now to help fund a larger horn project as I now have more space in my new room (nearly 9x6m )
    I have another Tannoy based system which was meant to be for this large room but as it goes it sounds much better in the smaller dedicated room , leaving me with some space to experiment with bigger horns

I bought them from a guy in Portugal and he had them shipped over to me in Glasgow , I believe he said he was the second owner and that they had been bought buy him as Ex-demo models in the UK

Condition wise , I’d say there in overall good shape , there not in “as new“ perfect condition but are very presentable for there age , a few little bumps , chips here and there , I’ve tried to take pics of any damage as best as I can , maybe a little colour fade to the veneers but nothing that takes away from the overall look , I’ve never seen another pair to compare them too , so I’m probably just being picky here so as any potential buyer knows exactly what there getting

They have had a repair done to one of the dust caps previous to me owning them , looks like it’s had a bash and been pulled out as best as possible , this is cosmetic and does not effect the sound in any way ......never really bothered me as it can only be seen on close inspection

Previous owner has carried out a few worthwhile upgrades to these speakers which I’ve no doubt has upped their performance over their original spec

Xovers have been upgraded to the mk2 model , originals will also be supplied

The internal damping has been upgraded with lambs wool damping

Also a pair of Horn Super tweeters were added inc suitable x overs , these just connect up to the horn binding posts and sit on top of the horns so can be added or removed with ease

They come with the originally supplied speaker grills , floor Spikes , shipping crates and instruction booklet

I’ve also got some Auralex Acoustics Gamma floor supports which I felt sounded better than the spikes in my wooden suspended floor room, these are actually designed for guitar amps to sit on but after a lot of expensive isolation mistakes , I found that these brought out the best in the bass performance of these Horns

I’d welcome any potential buyer to come along and demo these before buying but realise that that may cause it’s on problems due to COVID restrictions that are still in place at present but as soon as this is lifted I will make sure they can be demonstrated in a clean, safe and social distanced environment
    I’ve got various valve amps that I can demo them with ,single ended and PP , or bring your own amp with you

Buyer to collect or I can possibly help with delivery when restrictions allow

Dimensions 950 x440 x500
    Weight 35kg

£1300

[url=https://ibb.co/NyqpvTD]
    They look miiiightee perteee, wonder how they would sound with my Opera Consonance 40watt push/pull valve amp driving them

I'm Keith.

[QUOTE=Westendboy;1262173]They look miiiightee perteee, wonder how they would sound with my Opera Consonance 40watt push/pull valve amp driving them, similar vintage

+ Reply to Thread