+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Croft 25R with upgraded RS linestage

I'm Karl.

Default Croft 25R with upgraded RS linestage

Ok guys so up next for sale is the wonderful Croft 25R with upgraded RS linestage. These will cost you 1400 quid now so grab a bargain at half price while you can

It was originally bought by Blodger(AOS) new from divine audio. He then sent it off to Glenn for the RS upgrade to the line stage so it now takes a 12bh7a valve on the input instead of ecc83 .

I’ve had it now for around 2 years and it has been flawless . It really does offer huge bang for buck for its price . I’m only moving it on due to an upgrade .

These respond very well to valve rolling and I’ve had great success with 50s/60s RCA 12bh7a on the inputs . For me nothing gets close to them . It currently has a vintage Sylvania yellow label 12bh7a on the input , and a mullard 85A2 with stock JJ ECC83 on the regulation stage . I found that having Genelex golden lion ecc83 on the regulation instead of the stock JJ added more finesse ,grip and focus . Theyre a real good quality modern day valve that can be bought for 25-30 quid and makes a nice difference so worth doing by the new owner . any good quality NOS valve would work well in the regulation stage if you have some .

I do have a very low hours 1962 RCA 12bh7a that I can include for a good price and it’s well worth it in my opinion. More holographic , more finesse , quieter , not too warm and cuddly and a nice touch of richness .

Im offering this at half of the retail price.. £700 plus postage from Melbourne via UPS express which will likely add another £80-100 to the bill but I will confirm this amd let you know exact price . I’m pretty sure it cost me 80 to get it here . It usually takes 5 days or so to the UK from here, sometimes a bit less , sometimes a bit more, no longer than a week though . They will be fully insured for peace of mind. As soon as funds reach my bank I will book a collection.

Roger kindly provided me with the receipt so we can prove its originally from the UK and VAT has been paid on them already so it should be exempt from any fees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Bump

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

A gentle nudge

I'm Roger.

Just to confirm, as the previous owner from new, what a superb pre-amplifier this is: incredible finesse and control, runs dead silent, a total bargain at this price!

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodger View Post
    Just to confirm, as the previous owner from new, what a superb pre-amplifier this is: incredible finesse and control, runs dead silent, a total bargain at this price!
    Thanks Roger .

I’ve just boxed up the monos to go off on another adventure.

I will be sad to see them go. What fantastic amps they all are

I'm Karl.

Would also consider a swap for a streamer of equal value

I'm Karl.

Not even a nibble on this ?? The monos flew out the door .

I'm Karl.

Up

I'm Karl.

Up

I'm Ales.

Still available? PM sent.
    A lot of good music through Tannoy Kensington GR speakers, Accuphase E-650 amp, Accuphase DP-400 CD player, turntable Technics SL 1200G with Grado Reference 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast