+ Reply to Thread

Thread: US Vendors/UK VAT

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Default US Vendors/UK VAT

As a regular Discogs user I've noticed more items showing as "Unavailable In United Kingdom" recently. There's a thread suggesting a fair amount of confusion among US vendors around how VAT is collected when a UK buyer purchases via an online market place, with some vendors suggesting that it's not worth their while to sell here. I've just had a purchase cancelled because a US vendor hasn't yet enrolled with UK VAT registration, which for a £28 CD feels a bit much.

Pete

PS it occurs to me to mention that the above is politically neutral, I'm just a bloke into records and CDs sharing the vibe...

I'm Martin.

If they aren't selling through a global site like Amazon or ebay then they have to register for UK VAT. if they are selling through a global site then the site collects the VAT 'en passant' and they don't need to register but do need to add the VAT to their sale prices as it will be docked from the sale revenue by the site.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread