+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coherent Systems Customer feedback

I'm Tony.

Default Coherent Systems Customer feedback

Here is some of our latest feedback for our customers in the last couple of months:

Coherent Systems Customer Feedback.

"Paul Hudson Coherent 6D Xlr analogue cable and service 23/3/31

Thank you for the cables they came earlier than expected; as you predicted it might.
    So I have had a fun weekend listening. I'm actually surprised by the amount of improvement which has resulted from swapping just one balanced cable, which was already a quality item.
    The music is now more holographic, fluid and richer sounding. Plus there is a much more natural purity to the high frequencies which now seem to hang in the air when a note has finished, a little approaching like which occurs a concert. I've never had this in a system before. I am looking forward to completing the set and getting coherent cables right the way through.

Paul H

North West"

"Martin Taylor Coherent audio upgrades and service

MUTEC MC3+usb internal upgrades

The overwhelming impression can be summarised as 'precision'. Not in the slightest bit cold or clinical, I mean precision in focus, precision in instrumental clarity, precision in sound-stage width, depth and note decay. There is more 'shape' and 'texture' to sounds, helping to define what they are, how they are being played and where they are positionally. Noise floor is further reduced, giving the impression of even more dynamic swings. Drum beats are startling while a singer like Van Morrison, who varies his loudness from soft to belting it out, can easily be the most dynamic 'instrument' in the song. Delicate instruments like the dulcimer used in many of Christina Pluhar's recordings make tiny sounds that are exactly like hammers striking strings from a distance in a defined space. The harmonic decay just goes on and on.

I could continue but I think I've described the effect well enough. In short, Coherent have taken an already excellent product and brought me closer to the master tape than I ever could have dreamed of.

Thanks again.

Martin T"

"Ray Duggan Coherent Sales and Consultancy

After recently selling my ARC CD5 player Tony at Coherent suggested a NovaFidelity CD Ripper which would give a much better sound than I was getting with the ARC....and Boy he was right.
    Well I have my Nova Fidelity X50D and a Topping DAC connected up now, that was sourced by Tony and after having a one to one tutorial from him I can now say that I am up to speed with this digital device all thanks to Coherent Audio.
    So I am very happy now with my current set-up which of course includes a Coherent RTZ grounding system and would highly recommend Tony to other audiophiles searching for that Valhalla system!
    As soon as the player has been run-in I shall look into a re-clocker, so no doubt this will involve another conversation with him.

Regards Ray D

Berkshire"

"Dan Waldman Coherent Repairs and Service

I had an issue with my Bel Canto REF600M power amps and was put in touch with Tony by Padood (Bel Canto’s UK distributor).
    I called Tony and while on the phone he advised that as my amps were low serial numbers the fault was likely to be related to the power supply - he had seen and repaired this issue on a few pairs of early model REF600Ms and Bel Canto had subsequently upgraded the part.

He gave an estimate for repair if this turned out to be the case, but reassured me that he would confirm the issue was and repair price once he had received and inspected them. Tony arranged for the amps to be picked up and within hours of receiving them had tested them and confirmed that it was the power supply issue that he had suspected. Genuine parts were sourced and I had the repaired amps back in just over a week.

Tony also asked me to let him know how I was getting on with them once I’d got them back. I couldn’t be happier with the level of service that I received and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Coherent Systems services.

Dan Waldman
    Cambridge"

"Coherent Systems Consultancy, Sale and service

I've know Tony for a couple of years. I originally inquired about a Mutec MC3+ and a Ref 10 with a dealer in the North of England, where I live. Tony (Tony is the distributor for Mutec) joined him at my house, a drive of around 250 miles for him. He listened to my system and made some recommendations, some of which were either cheap, or free. He also introduced me to his Coherent cables, for Mains, Digital and Speakers. I bought the MC3+ and Ref 10, and Tony left me with some cables to try at my leisure. After a couple of weeks of trying different cables I chose to buy 5 of the 6D digital (BNC) version. (I also tried the free recommendations and every one improved the sound quality.) These cables are musical, with superb sound stage capabilities and lovely bass. They really are the nicest sounding cables I have found so far, for digital and clock data. Recently I managed to cause a little bit of damage to two of the cable plugs. Tony asked me to return them and he got straight on the case and has turned them around very quickly. So, would I recommend Tony and Coherent systems? Yes, without a show of a doubt. His knowledge is superb, he is a lovely guy who will go out of his way to help the customer and his after-sales service is first class. Like me, many will go and buy what they think is the best available, only to become dissatisfied with the sound quality months later. (For me it was Linn, Naim, Wilson Benesch etc etc as well as some very exotic cable names). They will upgraded and upgrade but never find that sound they are looking for. With a bit of luck, again like me, they will eventually find Tony.

Russ Wood

North East"

"Coherent Systems international sales and service

Buying audio equipment from half way around the world.

I recently inquired about a TAD cd player that I saw on Coherent's website and after a few emails chatting with Tony a purchase was organised.
    My reservations about shipping and packaging were answered before I could even ask the questions. The entire packaging and shipping process was fantastic I’m so glad good old fashioned principles and care still exist.

Was equally impressed with the product knowledge and advice I was offered, an absolute pleasure to do business with Tony.

I would without hesitation recommend Coherent Systems as a company to deal with regardless of where you are in the world.

Thank you Tony.

Regards
    Dean Compassi
    Australia."
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Phil.

good to see Padood are recommending tony for repairs for bel canto
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Good work Mr. C, some excellent feedback there.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    good to see Padood are recommending tony for repairs for bel canto
    Hello Phil

We are Padood's official repair agent here in the UK, so we also look after Plinius/Nagra/Boudler as well.

How are you Phil?
    Coherent Systems

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Good work Mr. C, some excellent feedback there.

Thank you
    Coherent Systems

I'm Tony.

Some of our latest feedback for Coherent Systems dated 4th June

Coherent Systems Feedback
    Coherent Systems

+ Reply to Thread