+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambridge CXC or Audiolab6000cdt

I'm John.

It's the interest in a different sound that tempts me to go for the Audiolab Phil, but it will be hard to resist replacing again with another Marantz. By the way, my CD6006 is not even the UK version and still sounds brill. Which model do you have?
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm Adrian.

Default Slot Loaders

I had a MF M1 CDT Transport. It was fixed under warranty initially and 6 months later after the warranty ran out it stopped returning the CD. MF refused to fix it unless I sent over £200 to them. I went to one of the independent repairers and they told me the unit slot loader is an expensive part and that the £200 from MF was a very reasonable deal as it should be nearer £400 for their costs. The economics didn't add up to me (as I only purchased it as NOS so I told MF that they could keep it FOC. After that experience I have now gone for the CXC and not the Audiolab 6000cdt

I'm Phil.

Be interesting when the new cambridge evo transport comes out at about 800 quid I think . Not keen on slot loaders otherwise it Might land here

I'm Phil.

John , I have a superb marantz sa8005 which is superb both as a CD and a transport.

I'm David.

I bought the CD Chrome by Catherine Wheel from Music Magpie some months ago, and it's failed to play on both my Mark Levinson and Oppo.
    Just popped it into the Audiolab 600 and it's rocking AND rolling.

Lovely little machine, though it sounds exactly like my spice grinder when loading discs.
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Mike.

Bought audiolab 2nd hand, sounds great and think the memory buffer makes a difference but appears sounds drops out momentarily when something else is plugged into same spur and slot loader has started to struggle.

I'm James.

[QUOTE=Stranraer;1271332]I bought the CD Chrome by Catherine Wheel , brilliant album
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

I auditioned both and the Audiolab is head and shoulders above the Cambridge. Obviously i bought the Audiolab.

I'm Martin.

welcome to the 6000 CDT owners club, think there is quite a few of us now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Yup.

Future classics imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast