+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: DC B1 pre-amp with phono stage

I'm Dave.

Default FS: DC B1 pre-amp with phono stage

Time to move this on since I'm now using another DCB1....

The original build is on this thread: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...th-phono-stage

It's a unity gain buffer pre-amp with 'Rod Elliot' phono stage. This was built in 2019 by Martin ("Disarmament") of this forum (see thread above).

It uses a Salas 'Hypnotize' DC B1 Jfet buffer with an MM phono stage using the Elliot Sound Products PCB and Burr Brown OPA2134 jfet audio opamps.

There are separate toroidal transformers for the phono stage and pre' with a shunt regulated dual power supply for the phono stage.

Unfortunately there are a few scratches/marks on the top of the unit - this attempts to show them

£400 delivered.

Cheers
    Dave
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Rob.

Very nice build. I have one of those boards somewhere, bought years ago. I also have a Pass B1 which I did in fact finish. GLWS.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Dave.

Something for the weekend...
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Dave.

Clears tumbleweed....
    Dave

Currently listening to:

I'm Martin.

Don't know why this is still here, DCB1 is an outstanding pre-amp and this has phono stage too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Back onto the trampoline...
    Dave

Currently listening to:

I'm Dave.

BTTT...
    Dave

Currently listening to:

I'm Dave.

Something for the weekend...
    Dave

Currently listening to:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Beautiful build quality! I too am surprised it still here. GLWS
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Go on - treat yourself for the Bank Holiday....
    Dave

Currently listening to:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast