+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Croft 7R monoblocks in excellent condition

I'm Karl.

Default Croft 7R monoblocks in excellent condition

For sale here is a stunning pair of Croft 7R monoblock valve amplifiers in superb condition.

If you are here looking at them then you will likely already know how good these things are. They punch way above their modest RRP of £2800/$5000 and very rarely come up for sale. I’ve never actually seen a pair come up for sale in Australia (where I am now) so this is a rare chance to own amps of this caliber.

They were bought new direct from Glenn Croft between 4-5 years ago I think. my acquaintance Roger (Blodger of this parish) decided to downsize his setup so he sent them back to Glenn for a service and an upgrade of the transformers before he sold them to me on this forum. I’ve had them around a couple of years now and they have performed stunningly during that time and have been very well looked after. They are Glenn’s top spec model .

They have a huge , open and airy sound like all the best valve amps do with detail and transparency to die for, very listenable and non fatiguing . The only reason I am selling is because of a recent upgrade and want to fund the purchase of a DAC . I had to build a seriously high spec amplifier to persuade me to offload them and even then the gains I’ve made are small.

They will be supplied with the stock JJ ecc83 and also mullard 85a2 valves in the regulation section and vintage GE 12BH7A on the input section. These amps respond very well to tube rolling . I have a pair of holy grail 1956 RCA black plates that I can sell at extra cost and they make a very worthy upgrade to the sound. They’re one of the top two or three valves I’ve ever heard. I bought them NOS at some cost a little while ago so they’ve only done low hours and really add to the holographic sound with a lovely richness . Well worth it.

These amps were never supplied with power leads so they won’t come with leads from me either . There’s isn’t room in the boxes for anything other than the amps . You can buy IEC/kettle leads for literally a few dollars/pounds or if you have fancy ones then that’s all good . If collecting personally I will supply some

I’m happy to do a demonstration here in Melbourne for any serious buyer , just ask . If not I can send videos of the amplifiers in action performing flawlessly .

As you guys well know, Glenn’s customer service is second to none (as long as the cricket isn’t on) so no worries about service or repair for the long run.

I am happy to ship worldwide with full insurance but please ask for a quote before purchasing so I can give you a proper price . I think they cost me around £150 to ship them out of the UK and I’m sure between myself and Roger we can prove they came from the UK first and that they are second hand so they should be exempt from VAT also.

Please note these are 230/240v

No fancy cases or gimmicks here, just pure performance. All the money is spent on the important stuff .

These won’t hang around long so grab a rare bargain at almost half price. Yours for £1500. I have purposely priced these a bit lower than market value to help accomodate any postage costs people need to do

I use UPS and have done for years without any issues. It usually takes 4-5 days to and from the UK with their express service

Cheers

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm David.

If I didn't already have a pair, I'd swim to Oz for that price...........
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Roger.

Just to endorse Karl’s description of these amps and their provenance - they are phenomenally good and one of the best bargains in hifi IMHO. Glenn Croft fitted new transformers and they ran totally quiet for me after that, as well as improving the soundstage, etc. Karl was an excellent person to deal with, and is a really top forum member. I’m sure these will get snapped up pretty quickly.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodger View Post
    Just to endorse Karl’s description of these amps and their provenance - they are phenomenally good and one of the best bargains in hifi IMHO. Glenn Croft fitted new transformers and they ran totally quiet for me after that, as well as improving the soundstage, etc. Karl was an excellent person to deal with, and is a really top forum member. I’m sure these will get snapped up pretty quickly.
    Thanks Roger. Appreciate that matey

Anybody interested can rest assured that these are as described and sound incredible

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    If I didn't already have a pair, I'd swim to Oz for that price...........
    Haha , I wouldn’t be doing any swimming around here mate .

I'm David.

[QUOTE=Bigbird;1261220]Haha , I wouldn’t be doing any swimming around here mate .

Cheers for the concern, but you're talking to the guy who survived a stag night in Gundaroo........
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Karl.

[QUOTE=Stranraer;1261221]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Haha , I wouldn’t be doing any swimming around here mate .

Cheers for the concern, but you're talking to the guy who survived a stag night in Gundaroo........
    Hahaha now there’s a story we’d all love to hear

I'm David.

[QUOTE=Bigbird;1261222][QUOTE=Stranraer;1261221]

It was genuinely amazing. A bunch of North London guys in a rural community in Oz.
    About 25 of us flew out. The village made arrangements to house share for three or four days, leaving several large empty houses for us to squat, unsupervised. Incredible hospitality.
    Pom v Oz football match, barby, obvs, and a drink or two with fresh steaks.
    A far cry from this flippin' lockdown......

I'm Karl.

[QUOTE=Stranraer;1261224][QUOTE=Bigbird;1261222]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post

It was genuinely amazing. A bunch of North London guys in a rural community in Oz.
    About 25 of us flew out. The village made arrangements to house share for three or four days, leaving several large empty houses for us to squat, unsupervised. Incredible hospitality.
    Pom v Oz football match, barby, obvs, and a drink or two with fresh steaks.
    A far cry from this flippin' lockdown......
    That’s awesome mate . Sounds like a typical Ozzy sesh. Thankfully our government dealt with the virus properly so we’ve been pretty much back to normal for months now which is meant we could enjoy our summer properly . Feel for you guys back home . It’s a bit of a mess

I'm Martin.

Karl, not able to pm you, your box is full?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast