+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Websites payment systems

I'm Andrew.

Default Websites payment systems

Can anyone recommend me a cheap and easy system to accept payments on a website?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alan.

is there such a thing...they all want to take your eyes and come back for the sockets......paypal..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

PayPal. You can embed the codec in your website, they take any card even without a PayPal account, widely used, easy to manage.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Andrew.

I'd seen Paypal, don't like the idea of all the fee's. I'm only small and I want to plough profits back into the business, not make some mug owning paypal richer.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Grant.

i understand that, but i will say this. no paypal and very many users wont use site. its a sign of trust as you can get repaid if anything goes wrong. so it may be worth it longer term.
    there is sage pay as well. not sure what they charge but seen a good few sites use it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Exactly that. PayPal is long standing and trusted. Personally I'm happy to do PayPal as my details are safe with them, some random "provider" not so much - so I move on.

PayPal has a massive client list, one of the largest in the banking world, and that means that it won't be a problem for the vast amount of people purchasing from you, and they know it's safe.

As for the cost, stick it on your prices. Why should you bear the cost of the way others pay you? I don't in my business. The charge for my SumUp is 2% so when I started using it my prices went up by £5 an hour (more than 2% by quite a way). Nobody ever said a thing about the cost increase.

That's business.

Also, you obviously know how business works. Why should a company provide a payment platform for you to use (and all the ballache that goes with it) for free just to save you money? That's a weird expectation! They have costs; staff, servers, insurances etc etc. No payment platforms are free, unless you're accepting Instant Transfer into a personal account for business purposes, which is against the AUP of almost every bank on the planet, and is likely to invite HMRC up your rectum if they find out.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I'd seen Paypal, don't like the idea of all the fee's. I'm only small and I want to plough profits back into the business, not make some mug owning paypal richer.
    Buy stock in Paypal, make yourself richer

They're not exactly penny shares though: PYPL (NASDAQ) $242.18

You could have made a bundle if you'd bought in 18 months ago, more than doubled since then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i understand that, but i will say this. no paypal and very many users wont use site. its a sign of trust as you can get repaid if anything goes wrong. so it may be worth it longer term.
    there is sage pay as well. not sure what they charge but seen a good few sites use it
    Agree - buyers feel safe with paypal, plus it is so easy to pay with it.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Lawrence.

You do leave yourself open to claims from buyers who aren't happy or even just changed their mind though, if they don't mind making up something wrong to send it back. And you always have to send by tracked postage.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

If you're distance selling you are open to that regardless of what payment method you employ. 14 days to change your mind, you don't need to have a reason.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast