+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New addition

I'm steve.

Default New addition

Just thought I'd post my views and observations on my most recent bit of kit that I've purchased, namely a Boyuu Reisong A10 single ended Class A tube integrated amplifier. This is the first bit of valve equipment I've owned for more than 30 years the last being a Beard P35 power amp back in the late 1980's, that left a very bad taste in my mouth as although it sounded superb reliability was a disaster and I was eventually glad to see the back of it. Since then I've had a mild itch to try one again particularly with the miriad of reasonably priced Chinese made tube amps currently on the market. After a lot of internet and Youtube searching I came across numerous positive reviews of the Boyuu Reisong A10 integrated amp so I decided to jump in with both feet and buy one to slot into my second tier system in the bedroom to drive my Frugelhorn Lites with the Mark Audio Alpair 5.3 full range drivers.
    I've had the amp now for 3 weeks and to be quite honest it has greatly exceeded my expectations. I had reservations over compatibility with my speakers as they are only 85db/w and the A10 puts out a mere 6wpc but it has proved to be more than adequate for my needs. It's proven to be so good it has displaced a Cambridge CXA60 which has now been sold on, and that's no slouch of an amp.
    Even with the stock Chinese tubes the sound quality is very good majoring on midband detail, clarity and air, with slightly boosted bass end and a very slightly rolled of top, extremely listenable and unfatiguing. For 6watts it has an amazing amount of dynamic punch and solidity in the bass that I couldn't have anticipated and it certainly is a very good match for my Frugelhorn Lites.
    Since I've had the amp I consulted with a friend who's very knowledgeable about tube gear who suggested I try some tube rolling with the relatively inexpensive pre tubes as he said often they give a more noticeable improvement than changing the much more expensive EL34 power tubes.
    A few days ago I ordered a pair of Russian Voshkod Rocket 6n2p pre tubes which I've now had installed in the A10 for the last 2 days, for an outlay of just over £20 the new tubes have given a beneficial improvement to the sound of the amp, namely the upper mid and treble are now a little more brightly lit which has worked nicely to negate the slight top end rolloff with the standard tubes, the nice punchy bass end has not been altered.
    As you can see from the photos the build quality of the A10 is superb and although not large it's a damned heavy beast, for a relatively cheap amp surprisingly it is almost completely point to point wired and from what I can see from photos of the inside it uses good quality components. For anyone wanting to dip their toes into the world of tube amps I can heartily recommend the Reisong A10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Phil.

nice, especially with the frugal horn
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Russell.

Default New addition

Been tempted to get back into valves myself since seeing this with Zero Fidelity and then Steve Guttenberg. Glad to hear the ‘real world’ reviews match the YouTubers also

I'm Simon.

Looks like a Primaluna Evolution copy. How much was it and where from? Thanks

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by BultyBoy View Post
    Looks like a Primaluna Evolution copy. How much was it and where from? Thanks
    Bought it via Aliexpress which turned out to be a bad move as I got saddled with £81 in import charges and VAT as it came from the EU (Germany) so it would have been cheaper buying it on Ebay although the ones on Ebay don't come with the cage valve cover.
    All told it cost me £435.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Been tempted to get back into valves myself since seeing this with Zero Fidelity and then Steve Guttenberg. Glad to hear the ‘real world’ reviews match the YouTubers also
    I saw those reviews and I have to disagree with the guy in Zero Fidelity who says the A10 has a V shaped response, it definitely doesn't. A guy on the Audioscience Review forum tested his and this is the result he got.

It's within +/- 1db up to 6khz and then rolls off a couple of dbs by 10khz with stock tubes.

I'm Steve.

Very nice looking Steve. How many inputs?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I love the look of it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm steve.

Default New addition

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Very nice looking Steve. How many inputs?
    It’s got 2 sets of analogue RCA inputs.
    It also has output taps for 4 and 8 ohm speakers, I run the FHLs on the 4 ohm outputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm David.

Just ordered one on eBay. Delivered from the UK, £399 listed, although, for some reason I got a discount.......£333!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast